SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-06, 08:11 PM   #1
valleyboy

Default Possible weekend stay in Wales at Cwrt-Y-Cadno

Right, as mentioned in another thread, I need ideas for dates....

And just to let you all know, I have reccied the road from the A40 towards Cwrt Y cadno.... there is a petrol garage a few miles up0 the road... AND (stretchie will like this one) IT IS MIND NUMBINGLY TWISTY! you cannot lose concentration for a nano second, it is possibly the twistiest road I have ever been on.....

I have been out since 5.30 pm, and just got back at 9pm... I have found that the caffe at Llandovery is also open till 7.30.. and guess what time I arrived and that all the toilets are shut at that time as well

BUT THAT ROAD!!!!!

Old 04-04-06, 08:16 PM   #2
valleyboy

Oh, more info.. right, the place that we would stay at, if I can get confirmation I can do this.. its an old school, thats been converted into somewhere to stay... it has a kitchen and an eating area, and beds.... very quiet part of Wales

its a few miles off the A40, not all that far from Llandovery, and that means its next to some of THE best biking roads in Wales.. will try and get more info etc myself shortly.... will post up then when I receive it

Old 04-04-06, 09:16 PM   #3
Carsick

Ok, when do you want to go? I have permission and everything.

Old 04-04-06, 09:20 PM   #4
valleyboy

Well, I have no preference on when I want to go.. I dont require permission to bugger off on my bike at all.. ever May June or July will se what dates people throw up, and see who can do what etc..... end of May is the S&WS rideout, so will have to see about early June or July.. dont particularly want it to be in middle of school holidays.. as the roads will be full of caravans then

Old 04-04-06, 10:04 PM   #5
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy
very quiet part of Wales

Rolling on the floor covered in my own wee...

Very quiet part of Wales.... Until 16 V-twins and 4 loud in line 4's roll up with panniers full of BBQ and beer..

Look right-> <-Look Left
Old 04-04-06, 11:07 PM   #6
lemmings999

i may be up for this depending on work and a few other things, how secure would the bikes be?

Old 05-04-06, 12:36 AM   #7
Carsick

I'd be up for this either late April or well into June or July. I'm leaving Aber for good at the end of May but money will be tight till the end of June.

As for bike security, I'll leave mine unlocked if you want, then they'll leave yours alone.

Old 05-04-06, 07:24 AM   #8
Viney
Mega Poster

Im coming to wales next weekend Not sure if im coming in the car or bike yet, its all weather dependent ya see
Old 05-04-06, 08:29 AM   #9
Lou M

I love the A40! Would love to join up with you guys, I'm free after the 13th June (exam day!), so will make the effort if it's after then.

My other half will join us too, he's also got an SV.

Cheers

Lou

Old 05-04-06, 04:16 PM   #10
valleyboy

this is in the middle of preverbial no where.. population.. very few! last time I remember, there is a big gate.. I think that can be locked, and can keep the bikes round the side, so not easily seen...

Right, I gotta bugger off and get ready for my first driving lesson...

Closed Thread