SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 18-06-07, 10:00 AM   #11
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Plod Warning!!!

I just hope for the cops sake that they are applying this "parking enforcment" even handledly. Tho i doubt it.
If i see cones outside the restaurants then i shal be making a formal complaint as they have not been sited by road traffic managment bods or the police. So who could have put them there then? A private individual? But thats illegal aint it?
Hmmm, lets see this even handed enforcment in action!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-07, 07:50 PM   #12
Millsy99

So is there going to be a meet this Friday then?
Old 18-06-07, 08:40 PM   #13
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Oh yeh. Just a question of where everyone will meet up / hang out.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 18-06-07, 09:01 PM   #14
Sudoxe

Of course, because the CCTV enforcement smart car wasn't parked outside neros when I left soho on friday...oh no!
We need to enforce parking here, so we can park.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I just hope for the cops sake that they are applying this "parking enforcment" even handledly. Tho i doubt it.
If i see cones outside the restaurants then i shal be making a formal complaint as they have not been sited by road traffic managment bods or the police. So who could have put them there then? A private individual? But thats illegal aint it?
Hmmm, lets see this even handed enforcment in action!
Old 20-06-07, 02:25 PM   #15
jonboy

I've had a long chat with the owner of the restaurant next to the indian, and after initially being a little obnoxious he actually became reasonably friendly. He agreed that the Massive are not the problem, and that parking directly in front of Nero's (and outside of the coned area) was fine with him, and also the indian restaurant said the same.

The problem, he stated, was the noisy later crowd consisting mianly of the London Bikers, who behaved in an unacceptable manner and caused problems for their respective businesses. So providing we can remember to park as close to Nero's as possible, and give a little respect where due, we should be able to carefully negotiate with big Jim (plod) if we can get the local businesses on our side.

I suggest a very softly softly approach, politely (but unhurriedly) moving on when requested, to help create an image of responsibility and fairness which should make it far more difficult for us to be removed on a longterm basis.

If we fight aggressively (and I fully understand the urge to do so), we'll only reduce our chances of successfully staying in Frith St.

Now if only we could persuade the LB lot to p*ss off elsewhere we'd be fine...
Old 20-06-07, 07:18 PM   #16
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
I suggest a very softly softly approach, politely (but unhurriedly) moving on when requested, to help create an image of responsibility and fairness which should make it far more difficult for us to be removed on a longterm basis.

If we fight aggressively (and I fully understand the urge to do so), we'll only reduce our chances of successfully staying in Frith St.

Now if only we could persuade the LB lot to p*ss off elsewhere we'd be fine...
Agreed about the softly softly bit JB and pleased to say thats exactly how we handled the situation on Friday. Jim was being polite and curteous so we returned the attitude.

50/50 on the LB etc lot that show up later. Personaly i love seeing that road full of bikes. Now maybe we could just ask them all to behave a bit instead. Hmmm.

Where did i put my cattleprod.