SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-05-16, 06:04 PM   #391
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: Top Gear is back

No it's too muddy!
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-16, 07:21 PM   #392
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Well it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I'm going to stick with it a little bit more in the hope it improves. We all remember how the show was before May joined...

But anyway, Evans needs to tone it down a bit. That sort of noise worked for TFI and The Big Breakfast, but not for this. His opening over the credits sounded like my Dad trying to do an impression of Clarkson, and set the tone from there.

LeBlanc did ok for his first outing, will be interesting to see how he develops. His solo bit was good, and there were bits in the challenge that were amusing and came from him.

The opening segment with the guns on cars was dreadful. Its been done before and better by Top Gear of old. Didn't really see much of Schmitz apart from her driving. Evans did his best in the guest section to talk about cars and not the tat they were there to peddle which I thought was an interesting approach. However the Rally Cross track for them to drive was a good twist but giving them a proper car to do it in was the failure. The juxtaposition of a highly paid "star in a reasonably priced car" was missed, I would have like to seen them attempt the lap in something inappropriate. Just hope the mud doesn't mess up the power lap times.

I also watched the Top Gear Extra. The childlike children's TV presenter fronting it did nothing for me but that Harris fellow has some potential, and apparently he is a car journalist of sorts which one could argue is what a show about cars might just need.

So my final thoughts; get Harris, LeBlanc, and Schmitz to present, a couple of tweaks in the features, and they might just have something.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-16, 07:27 PM   #393
L3nny
Mega Poster

Anyone who isn't familiar with Chris Harris should watch this. It's 100x better than that toss last night and done on a fraction of the budget. https://youtu.be/q3YPTkBRaOk

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Old 30-05-16, 08:28 PM   #394
embee
Mega Poster

Dismal.

Basically a karaoke version of the Clarkson/May/Hammond show, done badly.
Old 30-05-16, 08:45 PM   #395
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I hope it improves as it was indeed a bit wooden. If they can relax and do it their own way it would help a lot.
Old 31-05-16, 10:53 AM   #396
pookie

not bad.. went quite quickly.. didnt really seem like 7 presenters.. Matt le blanc is great with his comedy timing and self deprecation.. However Chris with his gameshow compere voice was really grating. Sabine v Le blanc probably much better combo and cut out the ginger one altogether and bring in Harris. Not sure what happened with the stars in their cars (literally car crash tv).

Nice filmography
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future

Last edited by pookie; 31-05-16 at 10:55 AM.
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 02:04 PM   #397
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

No matter how much you shout 'COME ON' to the audience...they still need something to shout about first.

It was appalling. Don't get me wrong I actually like Chris Evans but he just looked like a 14 year old on Racket. You know that bloke who's 3 hours into a party that's just started.
Just seemed desperate.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 02:59 PM   #398
shiftin_gear98

It was all a bit of a let down, the chemistry was just wrong. BBC what the absolute **** were you thinking..
Matt Le BlankOwood Blanc.
As pookie says Filmography was good (as it would be) the rest was ****.

Not sure I'll give it a second chance. Who's got the matches and the accelerant.
Old 02-06-16, 01:25 PM   #399
Viney
Mega Poster

I got round to watching Extra Gear last night. Who put Rory Reid in charge. Chris Harris is the star there and he seemed fed up and didn't get much air time.

As Chris Harris showed his picture of being very airborne over the jump on the new circuit hes the star. As for the main show, very wooden and too much like the original. It may improve but i doubt it.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 01:31 PM   #400
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
Anyone who isn't familiar with Chris Harris should watch this. It's 100x better than that toss last night and done on a fraction of the budget. https://youtu.be/q3YPTkBRaOk
WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!

If they added "Chris Harris on Cars" into the main program that would be full of win. Chris Harris is legend