SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 28-04-08, 08:18 AM   #1
Mr Toad

Default Need a new clutch lever

as the title says, cos the old one is broken innit

Some old bat tipped me off this morning at a set of traffic lights, and also managed to remove the sticker from the side of my can, and then buggered off without stopping

So if anyone sees a Red Nissan Micra, with a sticker saying 'Scorpion' stuck to the front bumper, give her a kick from me as you go past

I can order a new one from Lamba, but is there a cheaper alternative that's just as good.
Or am I being a tight git - I've no idea what a clutch lever costs, and the Suzuki one is nice and shiny with a little wheel with numbers on and all that

cheers

S
Old 28-04-08, 08:37 AM   #2
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Need a new clutch lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad View Post
as the title says, cos the old one is broken innit

Some old bat tipped me off this morning at a set of traffic lights, and also managed to remove the sticker from the side of my can, and then buggered off without stopping

So if anyone sees a Red Nissan Micra, with a sticker saying 'Scorpion' stuck to the front bumper, give her a kick from me as you go past

I can order a new one from Lamba, but is there a cheaper alternative that's just as good.
Or am I being a tight git - I've no idea what a clutch lever costs, and the Suzuki one is nice and shiny with a little wheel with numbers on and all that

cheers

S
Let me see what I can do Mr T - give me a day or so.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-08, 09:03 AM   #3
Lozzo

Quote:

Umm...it wasn't me (I have a red Micra)

Sorry to hear about this, but as anyone who's seen my specs will know, only the terminally blind buy Micras
Old 28-04-08, 09:44 AM   #4
jambo
Mega Poster

Quote:

cheers

S
Sorry to hear this mate!
http://shop.wemoto.com/index.dyn
Have clutch levers for the SV1000 for 11.75 pounds. I've bought from them before and they've been pretty quick getting stuff out

Jambo
Old 28-04-08, 09:35 PM   #5
Mr Toad

cheers mate, I'll try them
Also need a new wrist as mine is killing me - I'll have to get it x-rayed tomorrow if it doesn't calm down
Old 29-04-08, 04:38 PM   #6
jonboy

Bugger, sorry to hear this, Simon. Hope you're OK, that's just what you didn't need (and I can just imagine the look on Mrs Toad's face).

I have a spare clutch lever for a curvy SV650, doubt it fits (Mr Squid?), but if so, you're welcome to it.
Old 29-04-08, 04:40 PM   #7
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
Bugger, sorry to hear this, Simon. Hope you're OK, that's just what you didn't need (and I can just imagine the look on Mrs Toad's face).

I have a spare clutch lever for a curvy SV650, doubt it fits (Mr Squid?), but if so, you're welcome to it.
Knew there was something I was meaning to talk to you about seeing as I didnt need the 650 one after all

Good to see you back here

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-08, 06:47 PM   #8
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy View Post

naa, its a hydro clutch on the SV1k, mabey a temp measure of taking a brake lever and turn it upside down may work, but of course the clutch switch will not work. duno
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 07:09 AM   #9
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Sadly the 650 lever won't fit, as a short term measure I have a shortened, (read ball end broken off), clutch lever that will get it mobile again, if it's any help.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 08:55 AM   #10
Mr Toad

cheers guys

Good to see you again Greg

I've ordered a clutch and break lever from Jambo's site (plan for the worst etc)
The bike is rideable - just the end of the lever missing
I haven't mentioned it to Mrs Toad
Wrist is OK

The worst thing is I spent 10 mins trying to start the bike, wobbling it about thinking the tilt switch had got stuck as it was dead - display just said 'check'
Along came another biker -
Him "Are you OK mate"
Me "Yeah, but I can't get it started, I think it's the tilt switch"
Him "Try the kill switch"
Me "Oh yes"