SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-03-16, 10:34 AM   #1
svbmx

Default KOSO Gauge Help!

Fully wired in my KOSO DL-03sr Gauge on my curvy at the weekend.

Everything is working perfectly except for the battery voltage indicator.
The gauge displays the voltage perfectly yet the battery level shows as empty and constantly displays a flashing battery symbol!

The bike starts everytime and the battery is always fully charged as plugged into a trickle charger.

I wired it all following the diagram provided (http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/inst...s/BB642W10.pdf). Wiring the yellow/white + brown to the bikes original looms switched live (orange/green).

Any ideas???
Old 15-03-16, 10:40 AM   #2
svbmx

Default Re: KOSO Gauge Help!

Just had a thought... i wired the gauge live to the original loom (constant) live, but perhaps i should have wired it directly to the battery.

Do you think this will solve my issue of the gauge not showing the correct level of charge?
Old 15-03-16, 02:45 PM   #3
mikerj

Unlikely, the permanent supply is likely only for the clock and maybe to retain some settings. The voltmeter input is wired to the switched side of the ignition.

It's a bit suspicious that the digital voltmeter works fine but the bargraph does not, it suggests either the two values are measured by separate wires, one of which has a bad connection, or that the unit is faulty.

If you have used those crappy scotchlock style connectors to install it then I'd re-check all the connections. They are the worst method of terminating a wire ever to be invented.
mikerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 03:26 PM   #4
svbmx

Nah, i ditched those crappy connectors that came with the kit and used insulated butt connectors on all wiring i've done, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I think il try the live direct to battery just to cover all bases. And perhaps try connect the white/yellow (state of charge) cable to the other switched live cable on the original loom, see if that makes a different rather than it being wired in parallel as it currently is. Or, maybe il connect it in parallel with the constant live?

Few things to try, running out of ideas!