SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-03-07, 12:33 PM   #1
John 675

Exclamation Gods Speed ! ! !(top speed)

After carefull minipulation and begging, yesterday evening i was granted access to a disused Runway at an Air feild near me.... OMG

i sure some members would remember me whinging and whining about how i wanted my bike faster and this and that blah blah

I am pleased to now announce even with my yokes still slightly bent, and with all other issues and questions i choose to iritate people about i got an indicated 144MPH then it red lined ( i was tucked up as tight as i could too )
That was amazing and the Girl got a good pat on the tank afterwards as i wont be doing that again,

but the thing i encounted was that i got to an indicated 130Mph in 5th @ about 8k, with another gear to go and a few K?? sayingthat i was like i said tucked in tight, maybe this is normal but what ever, my money is going to be spent on making it look flash i think, because im quite happy with the speed and the top end for now, even though a new can and system dyno'd in with a power commander im sure couldnt hurt it lol,

Old 13-03-07, 12:37 PM   #2
scorpion

Default Re: Gods Speed ! ! !

You lucky bugger! Where was it?
Old 13-03-07, 12:43 PM   #3
John 675

Post Re: Gods Speed ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
You lucky bugger! Where was it?
Donnington near the GP track, used to be part of East Midlands (EMA) a long long time ago, before they built all the new everything and shifted it a quarter of a mile further away lol, its a bit cracked and chipped in parts, but the military use it a bit now too,
big petrol burner though lol,
Old 13-03-07, 02:58 PM   #4
John 675

i wonder what the actual speed was?? ive heard there is a difference in actual and indicated???

Old 13-03-07, 03:05 PM   #5
the white rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
i wonder what the actual speed was?? ive heard there is a difference in actual and indicated???

Do it again with a GPS on. They are more accurate. 115ish came out on mine as 110 in a recent 'experiment' but German Speedo's seem much more accurate. I think there's some indicated vs GPS data for SV on here somewhere. My guess would be about 135 actual. Which I think is the indicated topping out on a stock SV? But I acnt quite remember.

Last edited by the white rabbit; 13-03-07 at 03:08 PM.
Old 13-03-07, 03:10 PM   #6
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post

10% difference maybe? so 130mph??

Plus that's what the magazines say top speed is when they do SV roadtests with logging equipment. Don't believe everything in print though.
Old 13-03-07, 03:46 PM   #7
hovis

what bike was it on? any mods?
Old 13-03-07, 03:51 PM   #8
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich View Post
Do it again with a GPS on. They are more accurate. 115ish came out on mine as 110 in a recent 'experiment' but German Speedo's seem much more accurate. I think there's some indicated vs GPS data for SV on here somewhere. My guess would be about 135 actual. Which I think is the indicated topping out on a stock SV? But I acnt quite remember.
What is a 'stock' SV though? Different tyres/profiles or even amounts of wear will make a difference.
Old 13-03-07, 04:11 PM   #9
the white rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
What is a 'stock' SV though? Different tyres/profiles or even amounts of wear will make a difference.
Its a generalisation, of course. No two will be identical.
Old 13-03-07, 04:33 PM   #10
John 675

Smile Re: Gods Speed ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5 View Post
what bike was it on? any mods?
it was on my SV650 k5 pointy the only difference is hardened the rear suspension, no engine mods or anything just my dunlop sportmax tyres, i also had a shift pattern i downloaded form an american site to try which worked amazing i was thinking i got about 130 - something Mph oh and i forgot too lol, i was riding away from the wind too.