SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 16-06-07, 12:35 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Exclamation Plod Warning!!!

For those of you who missed it on Friday.

Our friendly who-ate-all-the-pies cop has advised that the local businesses have petitioned the local council and the police to enforce the parking restrictions on Frith street so therefore he and his mates along with a couple of traffic wardens will apparently be waiting for us in Frith Street for at least the next 3 Fridays.

May be an idea to to a ride past frith and Soho Square just to see whats up and who's where as it were for the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to attempt to discreetly discover if there really is a petiton thats been signed by the shopkeeps or if our fat friend is just trying to justify his presence and attitude towards bikes and bikers.

Just thought i'd give a heads up to those who may have missed this so yuou dont get on the wrong side of him or the wardens.

As for his threat that "Soho is finished for bikers... tell all your friends" goes, well i think that location was popular with bikers well before road restrictions came into force so what they should have done was to allocate motobike parking all along that road.

Might be time to make our own petiton to the local council for motobike parking on that road and get local businesses to sign that!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-07, 10:54 AM   #2
CoolGirl

Default Re: Plod Warning!!!

and, of course, more weight can be given to the cause by the fact that the bike bays on soho sq are taken up by cars, so where are bikes supposed to park?
Old 17-06-07, 09:02 PM   #3
chris8886
Mega Poster

they just get worse n worse these damn coppers!! bikes have been going to frith long before most of those shops etc were there though, havn't they?!?
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-07, 09:42 PM   #4
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
they just get worse n worse these damn coppers!! bikes have been going to frith long before most of those shops etc were there though, havn't they?!?
Yeah but look what happened at Chelsea Bridge. That had been running since the mid to late '50s!
Old 17-06-07, 09:47 PM   #5
Millsy99

Haven't been to Chelsea Bridge for a long while. What has happened there now then? Is there still a meet on a Friday night?
Old 17-06-07, 10:35 PM   #6
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsy99 View Post
Haven't been to Chelsea Bridge for a long while. What has happened there now then? Is there still a meet on a Friday night?
No! Plod shut it down after some of the millionaires in the posh flats next to the bridge complianed about the noisy bikes!

Although I did hear on Friday that some bikes are turning up there again!
Old 17-06-07, 10:38 PM   #7
Millsy99

how can they shut it down? If you turn up and are not causing any trouble there can't be much they can do?!?!
Old 17-06-07, 11:15 PM   #8
Jester666

Similar reasons to us being moved on (not including the furry faced )

Parking Laws!
Old 17-06-07, 11:26 PM   #9
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

So what does the owner of Nero's say Spidy? At least they should be happy with us.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-07, 11:30 PM   #10
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
So what does the owner of Nero's say Spidy? At least they should be happy with us.
2 weeks ago he was talking on the phone to the Inspector and was telling him that he had no problems with us being there in fact they like us turning up. He seemed to have more of an issue with the London biker boys (Noise mainly).

The main complaints will have come from the Indian retaurant and the club next door to the restaurant. They've started putting cones in the road outside the premises to try and stop parking outside.