SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-03-20, 07:24 PM   #7961
Kenzie

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Don't know exactly where you are Trev but what about London Camera Exchange? Stores all over the UK. One in Reading by the looks of it.

Last edited by Kenzie; 11-03-20 at 07:27 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 09:33 PM   #7962
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Apparently wex are opening a big place in Milton Keynes. Still a hike though.

I can see retail getting more and more like this as online buying gets more prevalent. You'll have to travel further to see stuff.

Jessops has shrunk from 50 shops to 25 in the last few months. We've got buggerall stock and Lumix don't want to talk to us.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-20, 07:45 PM   #7963
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Kenzie - I've used LCE before but they don't always have a selection out to heft and feel in the hand. Nice people in there though I've always found. Oh, and if you've never driven/ridden in Reading then you've done the right thing as it is a horrible place to get in or out of unless you're on the train.

John - MK is a good hour's drive/ride for me so I may as well take the (faster) train to London. Quite like MK - so many trees which people don't realise when they go looking for the concrete cows (nowhere near the centre if town in case you were wondering). Wex In east London is a good size shop but they did not have the new Olympus M5 or the X-T3 on display which are on my shortlist. They did have the A6600, also on my list, which I liked a lot.
Old 12-03-20, 07:51 PM   #7964
Kenzie

I've driven in Reading, major pain. There is Cameraworld, I think they have store in London too.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 14-03-20, 11:50 AM   #7965
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Jessops, Cameraworld and Park Cameras are very close to each other in London. Was looking for a replacement eye hood for my 700D as mine had broken, Jessops did not have one, sent me to Parks, who had a good rummage about for one in their used kit bits and pieces box which was nice of them, and then sent me Cameraworld - who had them in stock.

As I bought my ticket in advance for the Show I've had an email with links to "show offers" from various vendors who would have been there. Bet a lot of them had stocked up so not surprising they still want to shift a bit of it on! Of course none of them mentioned the A6600 I have my eye on but a couple had web forms to fill in to get a price back by mail for anything not on their offers page so we'll see what they say.
Old 14-03-20, 03:00 PM   #7966
Chris_SVS

Neanderthals working on their own bikes.

What is this?

Not much more difficult to achieve this.. Japanese bullet connectors (barely connected) and 2ft extra wire for no reason.

Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-20, 12:41 PM   #7967
Bri w

Lockdown!

Appreciate its for our own good but a day and a half in and I might need to find a quiet corner of the garden for the wife's body. She is driving me nuts! Yesterday ALL the curtains were washed. Today the fitted robes were emptied and rearranged. I'm trying to binge watch a series on TV and she wants me to keep popping into the bedroom to advise on where I want my clothes.

A bottle of wine may need to be opened.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-20, 02:03 PM   #7968
Kenzie

The woman in the supermarket who was running her fingers across her mouth while pondering what to buy. Then picking up multiple items with the same contaminated hand and putting them back on the shelf. Ffs people, common sense!!!! What's the deal with panic buying big roll?
Old 15-03-20, 04:25 PM   #7969
DJ123
Mega Poster

Panic buying; today in my local, small Co-Op someone had filled their mini trolley with 20 pints of milk (standard milk, not UHT) & 5 loaves of bread! I'm guessing she's making a lot of bread and butter pudding to eat in the next 5 days?!
Everyone has bought pasta, yet the pasta sauce shelf is still full.........they won't need toilet paper, they'll need a shovel to empty themselves after dry carbs for a week.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-20, 04:34 PM   #7970
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
?!
Everyone has bought pasta, yet the pasta sauce shelf is still full.........they won't need toilet paper, they'll need a shovel to empty themselves after dry carbs for a week.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote