SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-01-06, 12:43 PM   #1
pepe

Default Autocom fitting to K3

I'm fitting an autocom Active 7 unit to my bike this weekend and was hoping to download the 650s k3 electrical manual before I started but I can't download for some reason. I want to connect it to the numberplate light and was wondering if anyone knows which colored cable I should be connecting it to ? I know that the neg connects to the battery but just want to make sure about connecting the pos to the right cable .

Thanks,

Glenn
Old 10-01-06, 12:45 PM   #2
BillyC
Mega Poster

There should be a spare position in the Fuse box - which is activated by the ignition.
Old 10-01-06, 01:16 PM   #3
thor

Where did everyone place theirs? I tried to get it in an area that could be easily adjusted, and where the input wires would reach my tank from the front. Turned out that under the side panel on the right was the only place that would work for me...
Old 10-01-06, 01:17 PM   #4
mattSV
Mega Poster

Mine is attached via velcro under the pillion seat to the rail on the right (as you sit on the bike). Bit of a squeeze, however it is out of the way but still accessible if it needs adjusting

From memory, I fitted it as follows:-

1) Remove pillion & rider seat.
2) Run -ve lead to battery - ready for connection (fit a crimped/soldered eye first)
3) Run +ve lead around the rear of the pillion seat frame to connect to rear light cable (grey wire on left under pillion seat)
4) Ensure battery is disconnected then split grey wire & splice/solder +ve to grey wire
5) Reconnect battery and ensure that rear light still comes on with ignition - if not, you are fiicked.
6) Route the rider headset cable under the riders seat and bring it out somewhere convenient next to the tank - mine comes out right at the front of the rider's seat.
7) Connect headset and speak into mike to ensure all is working ok
Tidy up cables with tie wraps

HTH

Matt
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 01:22 PM   #5
pepe

Cheers BillyC,
sounds a lot easier than connecting to the light. And just to clarify, all I need to do is connect the autocom unit straight into the spare fuse position ie no need to connect the neg to the battery as it's already connected via the spare position ?

Also this wont interfere with the bike electrics, I have a data tool alarm fitted so need to check that it's not connected in the spare position.

Sorry but don't know much about electrics ( as you may have guessed ! )

Thanks for your help

Glenn
Old 10-01-06, 02:23 PM   #6
pepe

Cheers mattSV,
will hopefully be fitted this weekend.
Old 10-01-06, 06:06 PM   #7
rob13

were these all purchased in the half price sale? better get my skates on if i want one - there aint many left
Old 10-01-06, 07:34 PM   #8
pepe

robchester,
I got mine last weekend for £75 from ''onyerbike''. They have a website etc but not sure how many they had left.
Old 11-01-06, 01:15 AM   #9
rob13

onyerbike sold out of active kits. trying a couple more places
Old 14-01-06, 04:29 PM   #10
pepe

Fitted it today and all working fine , seems like a great bit off kit which will come in very handy for when me and my mate go over to France/Spain for two weeks this summer Just need to fit his tomorrow.

Thanls again for your advice .

Glenn