SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Gloves Post your own reviews on Gloves here

Old 18-03-06, 10:42 PM   #1
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Richa Ninja Turtle winter gloves

My lovely Hein Gericke Pathan 2-finger winter gloves were getting a bit tired- HG stuff is great but the gloves seem not to last, and my thumbs were getting very cold. Just so happens I saw a pair of Richa blatant rip-off for £25 at a show, and grabbed a pair...

And they're really, really good. The Pathans were great, these are that little bit better. They're warmer than I remember the Pathans being new- certainly warmer than they are now- seem slightly better put together (the linign doesn't always want to pull out) and they more waterproof.

The cuff is quite different from the Pathans, and quite clever. They have a velcro strap at the wrist to tighten the glove there, and a fairly large cuff. It's compact enough to wear over or under most jackets, depending on choice, and has another velcro, and a drawstring. The velcro holds the glove on, while the drawstring helps to seal the glove up. If you wear it over a jacket, this very nearly stops water running down your arms- so nearly as good as wearing them inside the jacket, but without feelign so bulky, or restricting movement.

Alternatively, if you wear them inside a jacket, the cuff's small enough not to be difficult to fit.

I'm really impressed. Obviously, it's easy to do this with a blatant rip-off... Learn the lessons and make it better. Still, £25! Best gloves I'veever owned. Just remains to see how they last.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-06, 11:32 AM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Well, teh honeymoon's over One of the finger linigns has developed a hole after only a couple of hundred miles, and there's a hole in the outside to match. So they're going back to the shop, since they're blatantly faulty. But I'll get another set I think, this seems to be a defect not a design flaw.

I did a run to glasgow and back late last night, and they were still really impressive. Despite the holes.
Old 24-03-06, 12:03 PM   #3
jim@55

northy -if ure in the habit of running through to glasgow then let me know ,i stay just off m8 and youre more than welcome to pop in for a cuppa or whatever,
Old 25-03-06, 12:49 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

If I'm on the bike it tends to be a bit of a last-minute thing, I'd usually prefer to take the train to dodge the fog that i always seem to run into at Harthill But I might take you up on that some time
Old 12-10-06, 10:38 PM   #5
rob13

Northy how are these coming on? Im looking to pick up a pair of winter gloves and was sold on the Pathans until i read your post
Old 12-10-06, 11:51 PM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

I got a refund on them... Funny, they didn't even ask for the gloves back, so they must have known there was some fault. I wouldn't get another pair, they were really warm but if they fall apart in use, and within weeks too, who knows what happens if you crash them...