SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-06-08, 10:43 AM   #1
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default Welsh info needed

Calling all welsh folk......

I'm off to Llandrindod Wells this weekend with a few others on bikes. Any roads that should not be missed? Any gotcha speed cams? Any recommendations for an evening meal in town on the Friday night?

Will be about 80 members of my advanced riding club bimbling about in day-glo jackets doing 30 mph everywhere (that is how we ride isn't it ). There is some free time planned so was looking for the best way to burn off some expensive fuel in the Welsh countryside.

Give me a wave if you spot me on a naked silver thou, black/grey leathers, red lid and probably a red tank bag.

Cheers,
Mark
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 12:17 PM   #2
Mogs

Default Re: Welsh info needed

I recommend that you enter Wales via the Old Severn Bridge and travel up to Monmouth through the Wye Valley. After Monmouth travel to Abergavenny passing through Mitchel Troy on the B roads that run parallel with the A40. A stop a Abergavenny bus depot is a must. There will be lots of bikes there on a weekend. From there all roads are good, but avoid the "Heads of the Valleys" A465 if you can.