SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-11-22, 09:13 PM   #10841
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Lol. I can't complain Gary. Not had a cold for an age, so I guess I was due.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 13-11-22, 05:17 PM   #10842
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

BT. Got an email the other day - our fixed term home phone and broadband deal is coming to an end. We can do nothing and the price goes up by a lot, we can upgrade for suspiciously exactly the same amount, two further upgrades at a LOT more cost, or pay half the amount for the same deal we're on now... Half the price for our current speed will be fine thanks. Fill in order form and, hang on, where did that £109 up front cost come from? Went back to the email, hunted on line, no mention. Strange how they don't mention anywhere the new Hub 2 you are obliged to get as part of the package is £100, with nine quid postage. Still cheaper than our current price overall but very, very badly explained.

And I have to wait in one day next month for an engineer to add a new box for some digital voice thingy, which they might have to drill through the wall to install... which they also failed to mention. Shocking!
Old 14-11-22, 10:50 AM   #10843
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
BT. Got an email the other day - our fixed term home phone and broadband deal is coming to an end. We can do nothing and the price goes up by a lot, we can upgrade for suspiciously exactly the same amount, two further upgrades at a LOT more cost, or pay half the amount for the same deal we're on now... Half the price for our current speed will be fine thanks. Fill in order form and, hang on, where did that £109 up front cost come from? Went back to the email, hunted on line, no mention. Strange how they don't mention anywhere the new Hub 2 you are obliged to get as part of the package is £100, with nine quid postage. Still cheaper than our current price overall but very, very badly explained.

And I have to wait in one day next month for an engineer to add a new box for some digital voice thingy, which they might have to drill through the wall to install... which they also failed to mention. Shocking!
I retired from BT in 2015. I then had to pay for my broadband and went for a fibre package. Every year after I had to get on the phone and haggle to avoid a massive price hike. I went to Plusnet after that. The price has hardly moved over the 3 or 4 years I've been with them.

Old 14-11-22, 06:18 PM   #10844
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

BT are getting a bit like Sky in their constant price hikes. We only stayed this time as one of the price options was so much lower and we'd also have to move our discounted mobile phone sims too. In two year's time though we may well jump ship.
Old 16-11-22, 08:08 AM   #10845
redtrummy

Well there is a coincidence John. I worked for PO then Bt for39 plus years. Stayed with BT until yesterday, signed up for Plusnet then later read that they have yet release there Black Friday deals. This year BT only offered me a saving of 68 p on a £36 a month bill. Getting the equivalent package for £27 hopefully from PN
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-22, 12:57 PM   #10846
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
Well there is a coincidence John. I worked for PO then Bt for39 plus years. Stayed with BT until yesterday, signed up for Plusnet then later read that they have yet release there Black Friday deals. This year BT only offered me a saving of 68 p on a £36 a month bill. Getting the equivalent package for £27 hopefully from PN
I started as PO engineer back in 1974. I found Plusnet also didn't charge for caller ID whereas BT wanted another £5 a month. I also get a cheaper mobile deal as a broadband customer.

Old 16-11-22, 05:15 PM   #10847
redtrummy

Its a game - rang BT re cancellation of the wife's mobile, (when to do it) - they then offered a package only £4 more a month than Plusnet. So if I stay for an extra £48 a year I stay on a service that has been faultless over the the last year.
Is it worth it not having to go through the upheaval of change? Dont know, but at least it would save the verbal barrage from the wife if things go T*** up in changing. Think I will sleep on it

It was 67 when I signed on the dotted line John, about 2008 when I took the Queens shilling and ran. Working in a call centre did not appeal that much .
Old 16-11-22, 05:34 PM   #10848
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Its a game - rang BT re cancellation of the wife's mobile, (when to do it) - they then offered a package only £4 more a month than Plusnet. So if I stay for an extra £48 a year I stay on a service that has been faultless over the the last year.
Is it worth it not having to go through the upheaval of change? Dont know, but at least it would save the verbal barrage from the wife if things go T*** up in changing. Think I will sleep on it

It was 67 when I signed on the dotted line John, about 2008 when I took the Queens shilling and ran. Working in a call centre did not appeal that much .
The thought of moving BB supplier was a worry. The BT service was very dependable and I didn't want to lose that but in reality it was easy. I had my own Netgear router so I only had to alter my credentials. One of the reasons I went with Plusnet is because it's owned by BT and it also had a very good reputation for customer service. Plusnet mobile runs on the EE network which is also owned by BT. So in reality I'm still with BT

I've just moved my wife's mobile SIM from Virgin to Lebara. Again very straightforward which included porting her number across. Left Virgin for the reasons discussed earlier, fed up haggling to get the best deal.

Last edited by admin; 16-11-22 at 05:35 PM.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-22, 09:03 PM   #10849
redtrummy

That was basically my thought train John - funnily enough I swapped my mobile operator to Lebara this year. The major concern I have is we use a BT box for recording programs and would like to keep hold of it! I believe BT now expect boxes to be returned after a certain supply date. Ours was upgraded by BT but whether they would expect it back now I know not. I will still transfer the wifes mobile to Lyca (or something like that) -its on the O2 network to try and avoid having no signal between us when we are out and about . Will sleep on it
Old 17-11-22, 07:03 PM   #10850
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
That was basically my thought train John - funnily enough I swapped my mobile operator to Lebara this year. The major concern I have is we use a BT box for recording programs and would like to keep hold of it! I believe BT now expect boxes to be returned after a certain supply date. Ours was upgraded by BT but whether they would expect it back now I know not. I will still transfer the wifes mobile to Lyca (or something like that) -its on the O2 network to try and avoid having no signal between us when we are out and about . Will sleep on it
I went to Lebara on my wife's phone as it's on the Vodaphone network whereas I'm on EE, so one of us should have a signal.