SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-05-19, 01:21 PM   #3941
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

En Francais!

I smile because the grim reaper of jobs that has wiped out the UK Power industry and relocated thousands of highly skilled jobs to France is now swinging his scythe in France.

I have had tears on my face in the past when I have been instructed to make 70% redundancies, knowing who has just bought a new house, whose wife is pregnant etc. Feeling like a right **** having to tap people of the shoulder and tell them to go to the boardroom, at the same time telling those who are staying to cut all their colleagues IT access.

So Schadenfreude, France has been untouchable until now.
Old 31-05-19, 01:48 PM   #3942
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Apologies, Tim, for making light of such a $hitty $ubject.
Old 01-06-19, 08:44 PM   #3943
Chris_SVS

Yesterday really. Big Yamaha went through it's first MOT (a different system here) which wasn't actually due until 26th. Too close to Wales weekend if it happened to fail
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 08:00 PM   #3944
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Couple of test rides today. First was a Triumph Tiger 800 that I actually went out to test. There were certain things I liked, mainly the comfort, but lots I didn't... the woolly feeling to everything and felt like no more power than my SV and delivered in all the wrong places too. Nothing low down.
Was a bit dissapointed, but then chatting to the sales guy and ended up testing a MT09 Tracer, which I didn't expect to do. And wow! I came back with a huge smile on my face!

Both made me realise though how good a bike the SV is, especially for the money. I expected mine to feel a bit underwhelming riding home after testing the Tracer, but I've got it so well set up how I want it now that it still felt great. I have planted a seed of an idea about getting a Tracer in my mind though. Uh oh.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 08:20 PM   #3945
Chris_SVS

You're welcome to take a spin on mine
Old 05-06-19, 08:33 PM   #3946
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
You're welcome to take a spin on mine

I've got a plan to book a test ride on one every day until I can afford one.

It was so much fun! Proper character with grit and rasp to the engine and sounded good with the stock exhaust too. Everything in the right place comfortable but still had an edge to the response, feel and handling. I was surprised quite how impressed I was with it. Just the right amount of engine braking and smooth but with bite.

--- They offered a pretty impressive trade in value for my SV if I wanted too. Comparable to a private sale but with the convenience of riding to collect. Oh dear... so tempting. Got a feeling it's all slightly out of budget though. And I do love my SV.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 05-06-19 at 08:35 PM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 08:42 PM   #3947
daktulos

Wry smile of the day ... one of the hip armours of my relatively new jeans has been digging into me for a while. I finally got around to seeing if I could reposition it ... and discovered the instruction booklets for the jeans and armour were tucked in there, too.

So, that's 42 pages less protection on my right hip, but hopefully a more comfortable ride.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 08:42 PM   #3948
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I've got a plan to book a test ride on one every day until I can afford one.

It was so much fun! Proper character with grit and rasp to the engine and sounded good with the stock exhaust too. Everything in the right place comfortable but still had an edge to the response, feel and handling. I was surprised quite how impressed I was with it. Just the right amount of engine braking and smooth but with bite.

--- They offered a pretty impressive trade in value for my SV if I wanted too. Comparable to a private sale but with the convenience of riding to collect. Oh dear... so tempting. Got a feeling it's all slightly out of budget though. And I do love my SV.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 05-06-19 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-06-19, 08:52 PM   #3949
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Baby Great Spotted Woodpeckers on my bird feeders. Or rather one of the adults is, hoiking out suet pellets and passing them to the fluffy bundle clinging precariously to the old fence post I use to hang the feeders from. Won't be long before the fluffy bundles are chasing all the other birds away so they can have the feeders all to themselves, even when that sparrow wants to used the mixed seed feeder next to the suet balls that the GSW never touches they still get chased off.... For now they are so cute and pathetic looking.
Old 06-06-19, 09:52 PM   #3950
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Ever had it when you turn up to a cheese and wine event to find they've had so many people drop out they have to cancel it, but then bring you all the cheese and wine they'd bought in anyway, and say it's free and then tell you when they run the next one you can have a free ticket for turning up tonight.

6 of us, enough cheese for 20, we ate all of it.

Biologically I am now 84% cheese, 14% wine and the rest is my eyebrows.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk