SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-09-19, 06:33 PM   #7651
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Ratchet spanner....

Mine wouldn't quite get purchase on the bolt as it's very slightly recessed. So I had to use the non ratcheting end.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-19, 06:37 PM   #7652
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Some people don't bother removing that small coolant drain plug.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Considering how little came out of it I can understand why.
Old 24-09-19, 06:47 PM   #7653
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Why is it when you find something you're looking for at the right price and you've committed to purchasing it, does something similar come along at a lower price!!!
Nearly had that with a car I ended up not buying. Something in my head said, no, it's more than you set out to pay even if it is within budget. My inner accountant I suppose (to go with the outer one I am in reality).
Old 24-09-19, 07:31 PM   #7654
gadget

Being asked a specific question, giving a definitive answer, and then being told .... 'oh yeah, I knew that'
Then why the f**k did you ask me in the first place?
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-19, 08:27 PM   #7655
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Nearly had that with a car I ended up not buying. Something in my head said, no, it's more than you set out to pay even if it is within budget. My inner accountant I suppose (to go with the outer one I am in reality).
Yep I dodged committing myself to something that would have been suitable, but again something in me said no, so I opted to haggle and got what I wanted, but then this other option came up up, which was cheaper. I still think what I've got is great, but I still hate paying over the odds.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-19, 07:01 PM   #7656
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

We all hate that Mav. I have agreed to buy a new(er) car now, same model but without all the useless options the over-priced one had, and I'm quite happy, even though I could probably have gotten a better colour one slightly cheaper if I had waited.

My issue today is I have to go to Coventry tomorrow in my current car that has a mystery intermittent coolant leak. Was hoping to put as few miles on it as possible before chopping it in but noooooooo.... "Do I have to go in person?" "Yes" said my manager. "Blast".
Old 26-09-19, 09:57 AM   #7657
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

* Motorcycle designers obsession with locating block connectors in tiny little crevices on bikes with wires so short that you can't pull them out or get any pliers, small screwdrivers to undo them or hands anywhere near them, resulting in scraping fingers into stupid places taking an hour skinning knuckles to do a job that should take a few seconds.

* My inability to hold anything without dropping it into the drakest recesses of the engine today.

* The sun / rain... oh look it's sunny... wheel the bike out of the garage, take fairings off... get bike into state where it can't be moved again without half an hour of reassembly, myself into difficult position... struggle with block connectors for far too long (see above) and a big black cloud comes over the glorious sunshine and soaks me and bike. Get everything back inside as fast (so.. slowly) as I can. Half hour later... sun comes out.. lets try again... repeat....

aaargh.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 26-09-19 at 09:59 AM.
Old 26-09-19, 10:02 AM   #7658
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
* Motorcycle designers obsession with locating block connectors in tiny little crevices on bikes with wires so short that you can't pull them out or get any pliers, small screwdrivers to undo them or hands anywhere near them, resulting in scraping fingers into stupid places taking an hour skinning knuckles to do a job that should take a few seconds.

* My inability to hold anything without dropping it into the drakest recesses of the engine today.

* The sun / rain... oh look it's sunny... wheel the bike out of the garage, take fairings off... get bike into state where it can't be moved again without half an hour of reassembly, myself into difficult position... struggle with block connectors for far too long (see above) and a big black cloud comes over the glorious sunshine and soaks me and bike. Get everything back inside as fast (so.. slowly) as I can. Half hour later... sun comes out.. lets try again... repeat....

aaargh.

I have no love for Block connectors.

you got me thinking about the Patchy rain thing/no room in garage and found this,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3x4M-Blue...wAAOSw4d5ch4T1

Pretty cool and cheap methinks
Old 26-09-19, 10:07 AM   #7659
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I've been thinking about similar. Possibly going even further and building some sort of lean to off the side of our house.
Old 26-09-19, 10:11 AM   #7660
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I've been thinking about similar. Possibly going even further and building some sort of lean to off the side of our house.
I always have a look on YT to give me ideas,

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=cheap+lean+to