SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-09-19, 08:04 PM   #11
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: RRRRRRRRRRRRipping DVDs for ipads

Thanks all, stuff to look at there. I'm not buying an in-car DVD, too much junk, plus there are videos on the ipad etc. already so want to stick to one piece of kit. Mav - yes VLC will play the DVD files direct, but as you say, they're big. At least, it does on my PC, I assume it would on the ipad too.
Talking heads - ta, I have Handbrake but it seems less likely to be succesful than anything else, and the info out there about settings really doesn't give a consensus.
Copying your own DVDs for watching yourself is, as far as I know, legal. I don't want to get into downloading anything.
Adam, itunes wouldn't touch it, what did you do to get it to?
Ta!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-19, 10:45 PM   #12
Talking Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod View Post
I have Handbrake but it seems less likely to be succesful than anything else, and the info out there about settings really doesn't give a consensus.
You just need to add libdvdcss and it will work.
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-19, 11:43 AM   #13
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod View Post
Thanks all, stuff to look at there. I'm not buying an in-car DVD, too much junk, plus there are videos on the ipad etc. already so want to stick to one piece of kit. Mav - yes VLC will play the DVD files direct, but as you say, they're big. At least, it does on my PC, I assume it would on the ipad too.
Talking heads - ta, I have Handbrake but it seems less likely to be succesful than anything else, and the info out there about settings really doesn't give a consensus.
Copying your own DVDs for watching yourself is, as far as I know, legal. I don't want to get into downloading anything.
Adam, itunes wouldn't touch it, what did you do to get it to?
Ta!
This should help,

https://videoconverter.wondershare.c...lc-player.html

I use Handbrake but it's not intuitive and VLC can be a bit the same
Old 27-09-19, 01:27 PM   #14
Bibio
Mega Poster

i personally use MakeMKV. its free as long as in beta which is ermm always, here is the key which you need to check and enter about once a month or so, so bookmark the page.

as long as your copying DVD then your files will be around 4gb so to save on internal storage space you would use a micro/usb card.

MakeMKV copies 1-1 so if you want the file smaller then you'll need to use handbreak or something to shrink it.

pretty much everything plays .mkv files.

i can help you through all the steps if you like. its easy.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote