SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-05-05, 06:29 PM   #1
gman

Default Dynojet Kit

I recently bought the Dynojet 1 & 3 kit and fitted it all myself. The bikes got a BMG filter, Wiley pipes and a Sidekick can.

I went with the DJ144 nipples and screwed the mixture screw 3 turns out. Since fitting the kit the bike doesn't seem as fast and I had a weird one a couple of times, where I open up full throttle at 5-6 thousand and the bike makes a noise but doesn't go anywhere.....

I check over the carbs again today and made sure that all the seals where sitting properly and tight.

Any ideas???

G
Old 13-05-05, 06:48 PM   #2
BURNER

Get it on a dyno and see where the problem is, might still be running lean.
Why did you trun the mixture screws out 3 turns?
Old 13-05-05, 07:11 PM   #3
Mike1234

On a 144 and a regular BMC filter you are going to be way rich. Knock it off to 140 or 142.5 at a push.
Old 14-05-05, 04:35 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

Don;t know about the Wiley pipes, but OTOH if that's a BMC Race RS you're going to be drastically lean at the top end, and the DJ instructions are pretty much hopeless. I think I've got 160s in and I'm still lean at the top with the tank spacers in. If that's the case, you need to get hte filter out before you turn another wheel and get the stock filter back in, then get some much bigger jets and probably tweak the needles as well.

I mention this because that's the exact same symptoms I got when trying to run the Race RS and WRP full system with the Rene airkit's jetting
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-05, 05:29 PM   #5
Mike1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1234
On a 144 and a regular BMC filter you are going to be way rich. Knock it off to 140 or 142.5 at a push.
Sorry mate, misread the DJ bit and thought you were talking about Mikuni jets.

Erm, even more confused no as the Mikuni equivalent of a DJ144 can't be far off the stock 137.5 Mikuni, or possibly even less, i.e. your bike is not too lean for even the stock exhaust!

See http://vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/dyno-mikuni.htm for the rough conversion figures.

A lot of it depends on which filter you have. I used to 165s with a BMC RS Race filter and an Akrapovic full system. I'm up to 175s on the Raptor 650 (using stock headers but twin race cans) and could quite happily keep going if it weren't for the 72 hp limit on the MiniTwins
Old 15-05-05, 12:12 PM   #6
gman

I went with the three turns out as per the DJ instructions. What are the suggestions for mixture?

I'm confused as too what to do.

Before when I had the carbs standard with the BMC filter (not sure what type but it is red and has F1 written on the box) and exhaust it seemed to running better than it is now!!

In the DJ kit I have DJ134, DJ138, DJ140, DJ144, DJ180 and DJ185. I've just been out on it this morning and it was dipping and surging at around 8.5 - 9 thousand!! But it’s intermittent. I can't work out what triggers it!!

Help

G
Old 15-05-05, 01:09 PM   #7
Mike1234

I think I left the fueling screw as standard on mine.

Might be worth buying a few intermediate jets as the set up you have means the stage 1 jets are useless and the stage 3s will make it too rich.

You need to work out exactly which filter you have. If it has a small opening on top it could be the BMC Road or the BMC Race.
Old 15-05-05, 01:35 PM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

And likewise, if it has a huuuuuge hole in the top it's an RS. They all seem to have the same part number, which is handy.

I had the idle screw on 3 turns but it was pretty rich at idle, I think I'm at 2 3/4 just now. I've got no idea where I am on the needle, mind.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote