SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-03-08, 01:16 PM   #1
maff

Default its that time of year....

for me to strip the bike and clean it. only chance iv got as i have a week off work, should give me plenty of time to put it all backtogether....(he says confidentley)

im about to remove fuel tank as per the haynes bible and according to "fuel engine management and exhaust system" chapter 2 verse 7: place a rag underneath the fuel supply hose to catch any residual fuel...

my question is, how much fuel am i expecting to come out? seeing as i have at least half a tank in there. will it dribble or wizz out? will a 'rag' be enough?

thanks in advance fellow organites
Old 09-03-08, 01:24 PM   #2
suzsv650

Default Re: its that time of year....

not much, i dont even use a rag
Old 09-03-08, 01:47 PM   #3
maff

ah ok

im having trouble trying to get the clip undone. it has two catches either side. i can do the one side (towards the front of the tank) but the rear side i cant get to. any ideas?
Old 09-03-08, 02:11 PM   #4
DoubleD

I found that if you go to the right side of the bike you can un-clip it easier. first push the pipe on hard so you can release the clip then pull it a little bit so the clip does not catch then go round the left side of the bike to pull the pipe off, it is a little stiff to get off and does need a good pull, I had a rag to catch to the little bit of fuel that came out. (just whats in the pipe, and a little bit comes out the pipe from the tank)
Old 09-03-08, 02:32 PM   #5
maff

snorted!

i undid the the tank bolt at the bottom. pulled off the breather hoses, laid the tank upside down above the battery then attacked it from there with long nose pliers and my right thumb

cant really do much more now because theres bikes on the telly so it will have to wait

just hope i can remember how to put it all back together