SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-02-08, 05:57 PM   #1
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Should I get Burnout Paradise?

Bearing in mind I usually only get a few hours per week playtime, and my xbox was last used in november, buying games is not considered good value, though its cheaper than going out for the night.
I loved the demo, anyone got the game, lives up to the hype?
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 06:45 PM   #2
aarond

Default Re: Should I get Burnout Paradise?

my friend has got the game on the 360 it looks so nice i am very tempted to get it at as well but similar to you buy a game and play it once then sort of dont play the xbox again for a long time!
Old 06-02-08, 07:43 PM   #3
thedonal

With a little luck, it'll be better than Burnout: Revenge. That was a disappointment after Takedown- the game (plus Halo) that made me buy an X-Box. Revenge eventually made me hurl my X-Box across the room. That's me though!

So now, I have an Ex-Box.
Old 07-02-08, 12:24 AM   #4
Gordon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersaw View Post
Bearing in mind I usually only get a few hours per week playtime, and my xbox was last used in november, buying games is not considered good value, though its cheaper than going out for the night.
I loved the demo, anyone got the game, lives up to the hype?
If you liked the demo then you will like the full game as its pretty much the same only bigger.

I personally hated it, much rather the 'point to point eyes bleeding' racing of previous incarnations. Don't get me wrong, free roaming has its place but only in certain games.

However, hats off to Criterion for not bowing to their EA paymasters and just changing the number on the game every year (see Tiger Woods, FIFA, Madden etc etc) and nothing else. Something EA have been guilty of for years...

Can't stop play COD4 online still, and with the promise of new maps very soon it might be staying until March and Vegas2...
Old 07-02-08, 12:44 AM   #5
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Well I read a lot of reviews, and watched some youtube. It would seem the crash mode is complete rubbish, something I especially enjoyed on revenge, since I'm pretty shabby racing live. (there *must* be cheats out there, nearly all my competitors had full boost right from the start).
Anyway, was in two minds, then I spent the money on a wireless weather station from a maplin mailshot that arrived whilst I was online !
Back to COD4 and the Orange Box then.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote