SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 20-10-08, 05:27 PM   #1
littleperson

Default Do you know what the TIF is?

You best get to know especially if you be crossin the M60 on a regular basis - they want to charge you!!!!!!!!!!

Motivate your family friends etc and say no when it comes to the vote. You think it wont affect you but it will in some way or other no matter what they say to reassure you

Go online and register your views and get other sto as well

Yep I dont agree with the TIF or as you know it the Congestion Charge and it wont affect me each day

AS A GROUP VOTE NO TO THE CHARGE
Old 20-10-08, 05:41 PM   #2
littleperson

Default Re: Do you know what the TIF is?

Also go on www.bbc.co.uk/nwt to register how you would react to if it came in
Old 20-10-08, 06:16 PM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

The problem is that despite being a regular crosser of the M60 I will not be eligible to vote as I don't live in Greater Manchester. Public transport is not an option.

Also the requirement for occasional users to pre pay for your crossing or have an additional penalty fine is morally wrong. Also proposing to charge motorcyclist mean it is not a congestion charge. It is a tax on non Manchester based people working in the city.
Old 20-10-08, 06:17 PM   #4
El Saxo

Weird, I was just going to post a link to that, I've just watched the show and voted on the website.

Bear in mind too - the majority of peeps in this area won't get a vote in the actual referendum as they live outside of Greater Manchester. So if you commute into Mcr from outside of the GM area (e.g. Cheshire, Merseyside) you should really watch this space!

Official website for the TIF here for those that want more info: http://www.gmfuturetransport.co.uk/default.aspx
Old 20-10-08, 06:18 PM   #5
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
The problem is that despite being a regular crosser of the M60 I will not be eligible to vote as I don't live in Greater Manchester. Public transport is not an option.

Also the requirement for occasional users to pre pay for your crossing or have an additional penalty fine is morally wrong. Also proposing to charge motorcyclist mean it is not a congestion charge. It is a tax on non Manchester based people working in the city.
I must have been typing while you posted Tim! Couldnt agree more mate, I for one will be looking for alternative employment if/when this charge goes ahead.