SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-04-14, 06:31 PM   #1
veenee

Default Am I missing the bolt there?

I removed plastic cover from front sprocket yesterday ( SV650 K8 ), to clean the area up (the amount of gunk underneath was untrue), and I noticed nice looking thread which looks like the bolt has gone missing - has it?

Old 23-04-14, 06:45 PM   #2
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default Re: Am I missing the bolt there?

Pinch bolt area, whats it actually pinching in there? ....ive got a feeling its a engine mounting bolt thats missing isnt there supposed to be a long bolt in there? ..... can someone else confirm this models situation?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.

Last edited by muzikill; 23-04-14 at 06:58 PM.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-14, 06:59 AM   #3
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Default Am I missing the bolt there?

The rear engine mount goes in from the other side - check the other end of the mount, if there's a big bolt there it's fine
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"

Last edited by Sid Squid; 24-04-14 at 07:00 AM.
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-14, 09:49 AM   #4
muzikill
Mega Poster

Its not the clearest of pics but it does look hollow with the threads exposed. Have you had this from new? Are you aware of a engine out on this machine?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.

Last edited by muzikill; 24-04-14 at 09:51 AM.
Old 24-04-14, 11:44 AM   #5
veenee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
The rear engine mount goes in from the other side - check the other end of the mount, if there's a big bolt there it's fine
I guess this is the one?

Looked on the other side, and you can actually see the end of the bolt there, but it still looks a bit suspicious with all that 'spare' thread!

Thanks guys!
Old 24-04-14, 12:22 PM   #6
muzikill
Mega Poster

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=199325

same issue?
Old 24-04-14, 02:57 PM   #7
veenee

looks slightly different on mine, but I guess it is all OK

Old 24-04-14, 07:07 PM   #8
Murley.

That rear engine bolt threads into the pinch bolted spacer. Just think of it as a fancy nut.
Old 24-04-14, 07:25 PM   #9
leebex

yours is fine, mine on the otherhand has a small snapped piece of engine bolt inside it!!!