SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 30-03-06, 05:58 AM   #1
greshaki

Default What to see in London?

Me n my girl are coming to see London, in June so it's a ways away still. I hopped on the tourism websites and so now we're going on the London eye ferris wheely thing. But I wanted to ask you locals, what are some good things to do in London? we're only there for 5 days but we have a weekend, really looking forward to it but what do you think are the things not to miss?
Old 30-03-06, 06:42 AM   #2
CoolGirl

Depends what you're into - art, monuments, music, good dining .....? let us know and we'll come up with some ideas.

From the Eye, I'd recocmend a walk east along the South Bank, taking in the sights, pleanty of history, Tate Modern and ending up at Tower Bridge.

Also, Frith St in Soho on a Friday night is a wonder to behold
Old 30-03-06, 07:46 AM   #3
Demonz

Assuming you know little about London - I can rate the London Sightseeing buses for the first day - they do a circuit around the city stopping and giving you info on all the highlights. Its a good way to get a general layout of the city. You can then go back over the following days to see any of the highlights that appealed i.e. museums, sights and attractions. The also tell you lots about the history and some of the more important events that occurred.
Old 30-03-06, 09:27 AM   #4
Daimo

Yup, then theres the fun parts, theres an ICE bar which looks really good, i want to go, but you need to book it.
Old 30-03-06, 03:33 PM   #5
Pensioner Pete

Default Bus it

Great way to see what tourists are supposed to see is best done from open top bus. You can hop on and off at will. Take in the sights then resume tour. Don't forget to try the River Bus as well, takes you from Westminster to Greenwich, where more attractions exist, like Meridian line, GMT Clock, Maritime Museum, Cutty Sark. From there, grab a normal passenger bus back into town, or to wherever you are staying. From that vantage point, you will see the London us Londoners have to live with ! The EYE is great viewing, on a clear day !
Stay away from Earl's Court, or you may be press ganged into staying here !!
Enjoy all you can in the limited time.
Old 30-03-06, 04:12 PM   #6
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Yup , the eye is superb, make sure you have booked your tickets in advance. Also get a ride on the river, you'll see a lot of Londons eye candy that way. Otherwise what are you interested in? Attractions, parks, the Queen, museums? London transport is very good, just tell us what you want to see and someone here will point you to it.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-06, 04:42 PM   #7
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Depending on what day you come up, London's markets are definately worth a visit:

Borough Market on a saturday - food and drink

Columbia Road - flowers on a sunday

are 2 of my favourites!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote