SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-11-07, 05:27 AM   #1
phizog

Default Checked out an '00 Curvey Today

Hey all.

Trying to get an sv at the moment, and I'm enjoying shopping around So much fun. Thought I'd share with you my excitement, even though its probably pretty boring

I'm going interstate on saturday to check out an sv650s '02 model with 32k kms on the clock with a rack, but stock apart from that. But I was looking through the for sale sites and found an '00 sv with 31k kms, but he was asking about 2 grand too much. I went and had a look today so that I could have something to compare the bike I'm checking out on saturday.

It was in great condition, staintune muffler, oggys, rack + back. I don't have my full license so couldn't ride it, but he offered to take me a spin on the back. I've never been a pillion before so I wasn't too sure but gave it a go anyway. WHAT A WEIRD EXPERIENCE is all I can say - being over the back wheel and so much higher up feels really awkward! When we came to a stop and when going at low speeds I was terrified, expecting it to just fall over! I did my best to relax and I was gradually getting used to it (only a 5 minute ride, but felt like forever as I was pretty tense). When we found a good straight he opened it up a bit and whoa it felt soo powerful compared to my 250! He was asking way too much and didn't want to start making offers until I'd thought more + looked at this one on saturday.

I'm now quite set on an SV. Whilst the original plan was for a newer pointy, if I can get a bargain curvy in great shape I'd definitely consider it.

I'll report on how I go with shopping on saturday

phizog out!

/endrant
Old 08-11-07, 10:50 AM   #2
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Default Re: Checked out an '00 Curvey Today

Good innit?
Good luck,and remember to never pay the asking price.
Old 09-11-07, 03:44 AM   #3
phizog

Default Re: Checked out an '00 Curvey Today

Yeah I've got him down from 6300 to 5000 and will get him down more after the mech inspection (ie when I have ammunition).

I'm also wondering whats the go with how much trust can go into the odometer reading? I think I'll start a new thread for it actually..