SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-03-12, 04:46 PM   #1
nikon70

Default Parking Restrictions by Finsbury Square *argh*

I need your help, please email (using the text or similar text below) to hackney council - let's try and get this stopped!

First the council stop us from parking in pay and display bays....

now the specific motorcycle bays they setup for us to use they are going to convert this one into permit holders only!!!

If you could please email:
parking.tech@hackney.gov.uk

with the following or something similar text.

====================================

Contesting Notice of Proposed Parking Bay Change

Dear Hackney Council,

I would like to raise my concern with the notice to change the motorcycle parking bay on Wilson Street (EC2A) to a permit holders only bay.

As a daily commuter into London I feel that firstly removing the use to freely park in Pay and Display bays was quite unfair considering that most of the bays were never in use anyway. That said I was very impressed with Hackney providing adequate space for motorcycles who park in those bays dedicated motorcycle only bays.

Now to see that a bay specifically setup for motorcycles which is clearly in high demand is now being propsed to change this into a permit holders only bay negates the coucils forethought of its fellow commuters by installing this bay in the first place.

Considering that we are approaching the 2012 Olympics it is my understanding that many firms are trying to take the stress and strain off of the TFL network, to then see that Hackney council is removing a motorcycle bay (which motorcycles clearly do not add to congestion); only to make a few extra quid by installing a permit only pay. This is going to make those motorcycle commuters unable to park in the area as there is only just enough bays for us to use and instead find alternative methods such as to take the tube, train or bus instead.

Not a very efficient way to ease the burden of our TFL network.

Please take this email as my way of saying NO to the proposed parking bay change on Wilson Street.

I have also attached the first notice informing motorcycle commuters that parking in pay and display areas is now not allowed and that there are going to be bays added to solve this issue or parking. Now also the new sign saying that this bay in particular is going to be removed!

A potentially very unhappy commuter!

=============================

Much Appreciated!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg extra bays.jpg (35.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg change of bay.jpg (38.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-03-12, 05:28 PM   #2
nikon70

Default Re: Parking Restrictions by Finsbury Square *argh*

Ok panic over!

Thank you for your email regarding the proposed change on Wilson St.
I would like to reassure you that we are not proposing to reduce the number of motorcycle bays in this area. We are swapping the permit bays on Dysart Street with those on Wilson Street so that we can provide more parking facilities for motorcyclist. The smaller bay on Wilson Street will be changed to a permit bay whilst the larger bay on Dysart Street which is underused will become a motorcycle bay.
If you have any further questions on this please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind Regards
Gulgun Chelikhan
Technical Services Manager
Parking and Markets
Gulgun.chelikhan[at]hackney.gov.uk
www.hackney.gov.uk
020 8356 8399
Hackney Council may exercise its right to intercept any communication, the only exception to this would be confidential survey data, with any employee or agent of the Council using its telephony or data networks.
By using these networks you give your consent to Hackney Council monitoring and recording your communication.
If you have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and contact the sender.
For further information about Hackney Council policies please contact Hackney Service Centre on: 020 8356 3000.
Old 06-03-12, 06:22 PM   #3
The Idle Biker

Keep spotting your bike around the streets. See you've moved it away from the Square lately. There seems to be changes to parking arrangements all over the City. Its a minefield. I saw a whole row of bikes in a bay the other week, and a relatively small note tied on on a pole nearby saying parking is suspended in bay. Nobody saw it, they all got a ticket. They were mugged.
Old 06-03-12, 07:30 PM   #4
nikon70

Yeah gotta be careful nowadays round there.

I often park round the back of the square now can't find space there when I get to work.
Old 06-03-12, 08:02 PM   #5
AZZ3R

Gulgun Chelikhan

Sure he's not made that up?
Old 06-03-12, 08:05 PM   #6
timwilky
Mega Poster

Dedicated on street bike parking bays....Tell that to my local council. They wont believe it is possible.

You southern softies get it all.
Old 06-03-12, 08:32 PM   #7
pookie

its so they can charge for them later on like westminster
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote