SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 08-07-08, 01:18 PM   #1

Default AR 09 Bid Volunteers

Given the so far positive response regarding putting togeter a proposal for the AR 09 I am looking for ppl to assit with the draft construction of the bid.

This will involve using local knowldge for sourcing campsites, B&B's pubs, routes, stops "points of interest" for potential future use etc.

this is not the full lets organise everything to the finest detail as that would be a waste should it not come off, but a virtual gathering of 3 or 4 ppl putting heads together to come up with ideas and a draft proposal to put to the org,

should we get the go ahead there will then be the option to become part of the commitee or to bow out.

If you want to contribute to the route, or the campsite etc but dont want to be directly involved within the draft bid please do not put your name forward here. There will be an oppertunity for the AER to have the imput into the bid, but for now Im looking for volunteers to help designate tasks too, then they can ask for imput into thier section of the event and report back and the proposal will be formed from this...

I hope this makes sense, however if not pm me or email me and il hapilly clear it up..

further more, please escuse my poor punctuation spelling and grammer which will probably annoy some ppl during this process, it is partial laziness on my part for not installing the spull chucker but also im a traktar boi so no idea how words are put togever.

Cheers All
Old 08-07-08, 01:55 PM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: AR 09 Bid Volunteers

I will put my name forward as all I do is sit in front of the net all day and can help out searching for campsites B&B's etc, I think first of all that needs to be done is decide a certain area of EAR.

EDIT: As there is a rather largeish area to decide for where the ride will be based.

Last edited by plowsie; 08-07-08 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-07-08, 02:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
I will put my name forward as all I do is sit in front of the net all day and can help out searching for campsites B&B's etc, I think first of all that needs to be done is decide a certain area of EAR.

EDIT: As there is a rather largeish area to decide for where the ride will be based.
agreed, but we will discuss that when we have 3 or four ppl... it will be a big email or MSN discussion....or maybe even the phone...!

Last edited by 454697819; 08-07-08 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-07-08, 02:20 PM   #4
plowsie

Okay cool
Old 08-07-08, 02:30 PM   #5
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

I'll give it a go. If nothing else I can be in charge of the spelling and punctuation LOL!
Old 08-07-08, 02:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
I'll give it a go. If nothing else I can be in charge of the spelling and punctuation LOL!
thats the spirit, bare in mind this is only for the proposal not the actual thing..

one more?? anyone..
Old 08-07-08, 03:02 PM   #7
plowsie

I suggest a few more to throw about ideas first...Maybe another post in the section to actually decide a location. I'm biased I say Northampton Easy to get to for most from either way, however stick a post up either in the thread already there or start a new one, for the members in the area to make some ideas and discuss places with routes. I have a rideout planned in August that is an overnight camping jobbie...Maybe a good idea for a few to turn up and sit and chat round a campfire and throw ideas at each other?
Old 08-07-08, 03:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
I suggest a few more to throw about ideas first...Maybe another post in the section to actually decide a location. I'm biased I say Northampton Easy to get to for most from either way, however stick a post up either in the thread already there or start a new one, for the members in the area to make some ideas and discuss places with routes. I have a rideout planned in August that is an overnight camping jobbie...Maybe a good idea for a few to turn up and sit and chat round a campfire and throw ideas at each other?
agreed, but if we get these 3 or 4 ppl on board first, then there is some control over the whole thing and suggest some options with justifiable reasons such as "found a good campsite" or "know of a decent route" .. other wise we will end up with 300 pages of.. I dont like cambridge as my uncles siters brother once went there and it smelt of pooh..
Old 08-07-08, 03:16 PM   #9
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I would say 4 is an idea number, go to a pub have a beer or several and bounce ideas off of each other.

Its what we did when we began to sort AR08. have two or three brainstorming sessions and then use that to build your proposal with.

If you have to many people at the begining stage you'll just get weighed down with unworkable, ridiculous ideas and the good stuff will get lost in the mix.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 03:18 PM   #10
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
agreed, but if we get these 3 or 4 ppl on board first, then there is some control over the whole thing and suggest some options with justifiable reasons such as "found a good campsite" or "know of a decent route" .. other wise we will end up with 300 pages of.. I dont like cambridge as my uncles siters brother once went there and it smelt of pooh..
Yeah okay sounds good to me, an MSN convo with grouping sounds good and yes I see your point.

SKIP - Get here now boy, and you K!