SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 30-08-05, 05:34 PM   #1
wigan650s

Default is there a good mechanic,by good i mean cheap

i'm thinking my bikes buggered,its overheating(the frame is to hot to touch),its not dripping any oil or burning oil(no smoke out of the exhaust)but the level keeps dropping,it runs fine upto 100mph(not that i ever go that fast )then the revs drop to nothing and a big blast of blue smoke comes out i shut the throttle and the bike picks up and runs as if nothing has happened,fuel consumption is also up on my run to market drayton from nottingham and back the light used to come on at the m1 it now comes on around junction 5.i suppose i should sheepishly add its long overdue a service and its been stood for over 6 months

anyone any ideas or know of a cheap(i get the feeling its gonna be expensive) bike mechanic round the hucknall/bulwell part of nottingham

cheers
paul
Old 30-08-05, 06:09 PM   #2
derbybiker

Spanner Man may be able to help - highly recommended by mysteryjimbo. Think he's in Mansfield.
Old 31-08-05, 10:24 PM   #3
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbybiker
Spanner Man may be able to help - highly recommended by mysteryjimbo. Think he's in Mansfield.
Yup, PM him. He'll sort you out!
Old 01-09-05, 08:53 PM   #4
shutdown

He's in Kirkby

Spoke to him today to arrange a service. Sounds like a nice chap.