SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-02-06, 12:45 PM   #1
Oneiros

Default We've had 3 biked stolen last night, London

'05 Yamaha wr250f blue & white
reg. EJ55 LMY
chassis: 9690
engine: 014043

'02 CCM R30 black, fake carbon head cowl,
reg. GK52 UOB
VIN SMZHHB64RT2B001964
Engine P411-123193

'86 Honda XL600F red & white, blue seat, rather knackered
reg D229 UGT
chassisPD045108713

£1000 reward per bike - Please let MAG know if you think you know anything,

MAG central office email address: central-office@mag-uk.org
or ring 0870 - 444 8 448

or ring

Bethnal Green Police station 020 8983 1212

They left the SV and the CBR 600RR, because they had alarms & would have made noise (they're all parked in front of someone else's flat). They cut their way through the metal grill on the gate & just opened it with the latch & loaded them in the van (the CCM wasn't running).
Old 04-02-06, 09:44 PM   #2
GC-SV

Bast@@rds.

Thats all I can say, hope you get them back.
Old 05-02-06, 01:31 PM   #3
Fizzy Fish

oh no, that sucks! fingers crossed they turn up again...
Old 05-02-06, 05:36 PM   #4
CoolGirl

sorry to hear. sounds v organised. hope there's a happy ending
Old 06-02-06, 01:58 PM   #5
Oneiros

thanks for the support guys. Coolgirl we're pretty sure they knew the wr was registered to this address in Nov. Think they were stealing that to order and took the other too because they were all chained together so they needed to cut the chains anyway.

One of the chains we had on them was an oxford monster and they cut it like it was butter. We were really suprised how easy it was for them to cut chains that we thought were pretty secure. I went to the bike show yesterday and bought a whole load of Almax chains for the 2 bike they left us. These chains are the mutts. Its impossible to cut them with hand operated bolt croppers!
Old 08-02-06, 11:45 AM   #6
curium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiros
I went to the bike show yesterday and bought a whole load of Almax chains for the 2 bike they left us. These chains are the mutts. Its impossible to cut them with hand operated bolt croppers!
Probably best to wait and see the results if they come back before stating that. Oxford Monsters looked pretty beefy to me
Old 08-02-06, 01:33 PM   #7
Oneiros

Quote:
Originally Posted by curium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiros
I went to the bike show yesterday and bought a whole load of Almax chains for the 2 bike they left us. These chains are the mutts. Its impossible to cut them with hand operated bolt croppers!
Probably best to wait and see the results if they come back before stating that. Oxford Monsters looked pretty beefy to me
It was a shock to me as well. Especialy when the guys on the almax stand at ali pally used the same hand bolt cropers the crims use to cut the monster in less than 10 secs.

As for tempting fate by that last post, its very unlikely that the thief that knicked the other bikes and left the SV when it didn't have a chain on is going to come back for it and its even more improbable that they will read this first and then go out and buy a decent set of portable hydraulic croppers to be able to cut the chains that are on it now. (That said, I still check on the bike several times a day now)
Old 08-02-06, 08:20 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

just seen this.

What a bunch of

Good luck in getting it all sorted.And i hope the theives die a slow, aggonising death.

Ideally with their heads under someones rear tyre while they do a burn out!
Scumbags!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote