SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-12-06, 11:33 PM   #1
MikeC

Default SV650S bars for SV650 bars?

I've heard the 'S' model has quite low bars and was wondering, if I were to find this to be the case, if I could fit the higher bars from the naked model? It will be on a K3 or onwards bike, if that helps...
Old 05-12-06, 11:37 PM   #2
hovis

i was worried about this, but found it was ok
you can get raisers though
Old 06-12-06, 01:36 PM   #3
Dysparunia

Agree, thought might be a problem, but enjoyed the test ride so much thought...ah s*d it anyway.

Now don't notice it at all, very comfy to ride.

And there are plenty of bar risers if you want them.

Andy
Old 06-12-06, 07:41 PM   #4
Strobart

Out of interest.... has anyone fitted clip ons to a naked?
Old 06-12-06, 08:34 PM   #5
carlos

Default Re: SV650S bars for SV650 bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
I've heard the 'S' model has quite low bars and was wondering, if I were to find this to be the case, if I could fit the higher bars from the naked model? It will be on a K3 or onwards bike, if that helps...
Not without a shed load of work. S has clip-ons whereas the naked is indeed bars. But like hovi5 said you can get raiser clip-ons that raise the height by just over an inch.
Old 07-12-06, 06:19 AM   #6
Zopilote

This:

About £200 and you get braided brake lines in the kit
Old 07-12-06, 01:22 PM   #7
MikeC

Where's that from Zopilote? Looks good!
Old 07-12-06, 01:47 PM   #8
Zopilote

I bought mine from Lois in Germany, www.louis.de. It was quite easy to fit, most of the time was spent rerouting wires and cables under the airbox and bleeding the d*mn brakes. ("One down, one across" - setup) I think it took me about three hours totally. Personally it think the bike got much more comfortable, even if the wind is a little more disturbing at higher speeds. Recommended!
Old 07-12-06, 02:02 PM   #9
Bluepete
Mega Poster

I did a similar thing from streetfighterstore, but I notice you have different mirrors now. Can you actually see behind you with those 'cos i can't with mine at the moment, just my elbows! If you can, where are thay from? How long are the arms?
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 02:27 PM   #10
Zopilote

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete
I did a similar thing from streetfighterstore, but I notice you have different mirrors now. Can you actually see behind you with those 'cos i can't with mine at the moment, just my elbows! If you can, where are thay from? How long are the arms?
Actually, i have no idea... It is winter here in Sweden and my bike is resting in its warm garage until april. The mirrors are from Louis too, "FAR" with built in indicators. I think they are about 10 mm wider than original, so i guess the view is similar to (as bad as) original mirrors