SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 05-11-09, 09:47 PM   #1
Daimo

Default Another trackday :-D

Good day. Started off fairly damp, so went steady. Then I lost my bike key before my 2nd session, only to find 15 minutes into it that it had gone through a hole in my leathers and slid down inside to my knee. Went to shoot out for the last few minutes to have it reg flagged just as I was about to jump on. Bugger...
Then it chucked it down with rain, I lost total confidence in the front end and started not to enjoy myself. I found the front end very unsteady and was unable to keep the throttle pinned due to the front wallowing about.

Then lunch, took the chance to wind the suspension down a little (first time adjusting it). God what a difference it made. A little heavier to turn into corners, but I found it far better under braking and could keep the throttle pinned coming out of bends instead of mildly opening it.

I didn't touch me knee down all day, but I had a chappy come and see me on a triumph triple who said he was behined me running at the same pace, but whilst he was scraping his knee all the time I wasn't hanging off enough. Kinda good really as I guess that shows unless your really flying, you really don't need your knee down (more concentrating on lines, braking, etc). Still, the morning sucked, but the afternoon rocked. We even had sunshine for a bit.

Last session kinda sucked though, 3 laps in, just got tyres up to temp, and someone had a big off so red flagged. Came in, went out, 3 laps later, just up to temp again, someone else does the same bloody thing.. Session over...

Still, good day, weather was pretty good considering time of year. So can't wait till 2010 to do some more

Video...

http://www.youtube.com/user/D4MOB

No im not looking at the camera I had a bike to my outside cutting accross, they called me a tart and a poser, but I never even knew the photographer was there

And a couple of my dad on his LE model Most people who own these have them in shiney garages and display cabinets, but they are made to be ridden dammit!!!! Although due to having so much metal in his legs these days, he found it quite hard moving on the bike. Plenty fast enough to outbrake me going into Paddock though (I started about the 150 marker from about 135mph)...

Last edited by Daimo; 05-11-09 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 10:00 PM   #2
TheOnlyNemesis

Default Re: Another trackday :-D

ya big poser
Old 05-11-09, 10:21 PM   #3
Holdup

Cool photos there

I like that photo
Old 05-11-09, 10:40 PM   #4
Daimo

Thats the best one by far for me
Old 05-11-09, 10:55 PM   #5
Berlin

Excellent photos and nice bikes too!

If I may offer some knee advice?

You are sticking your knee out rather than *forward* and out. If you look at the angle of the knee slider in the shot where its closest to the ground, its at the wrong angle.

Your outside arm, should be almost straight (pantomime this).
Straightening your arm moves your body over (try it)

Let your body follow the lead of your shoulders and you get a slight twist to the body which moves your knee *forward* and out. Think about trying to get your knee to touch in line witht he clutch cover.

You are over far enough for knee down just need a slight adjustment to body.

Hope that helps

C

Last edited by Berlin; 05-11-09 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 11:00 PM   #6
Daimo

Yeah thats all cool

My positioning wasn't too good today tbh, lots of room for improvements as you say, but I was too busy playing with my dad and keeping the tyres warm (bit chilly today).

My positioning was better last time I was out, but as it was so much colder and damp today, I was more worried about getting round instead of hanging off.

All valied correct points though.

Next time, next time When its a bit warmer as well methinks
Old 06-11-09, 10:22 AM   #7
suzsv650

Whats the dif between the bikes they look pritty much the same
Old 06-11-09, 06:15 PM   #8
Daimo

Quite different bikes. LE has a few more bhp, and also a magnesium engine, mag wheels, carbon fibre bodywork (note the tail sections, mine as a 2 peice, LE is one peice), carbon fibre tank, Ohlins suspension, full titanium exhaust, quick release wiring loom, full sprocket kit, adjustable engine mounts, adjustable rear swinging arm...

Off the top of my head, im sure theres a few more bits though. £25k brand new.... (didn't pay that for it). Will be a collectable in a few years, only 150 worldwide.
Old 06-11-09, 06:21 PM   #9
G
Mega Poster

Why is there a car on the track?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 06:25 PM   #10
Daimo

Plonker, its where the GP circuit rejoins the indy track. Its a Medical car.