SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-12-11, 03:40 PM   #1
kiggles

Default owning a bike has never felt soo goood

currently the A3 slip road at the end of my road is being dug up due to a gas leek (i think any way).

this is causing massive traffic at tesco's as everyone trying to do there christmas stuff. the closed slip road is causing loads of traffic to either go down my road or take another diversion on there route. unfortunately the diversion set by concil goes down my road. owning a bike has never felt so good as your pushing your way through hours worth of traffic, of people trying to buy presents turkey's etc. the traffic is so bad very little amount of people are leaving tesco car park due to the traffic but loads of people are trying to get in.

after getting my new dual exhaust on my cbr i think i have already got my monies worth of it. although countless idiots have steped out on me one of which i would have hit if he didnt stop. my filtering speed was rounghly 15mph and one day i will hit someone and lose my NCB because they dont THINK BIKE and assume if cars cant move nothing else can.

oh and merry christmasssssssssss

Last edited by kiggles; 23-12-11 at 03:41 PM.
Old 23-12-11, 03:43 PM   #2
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Re: owning a bike has never felt soo goood

I nearly mowed down a guy who was crossing through stationary traffic yesterday in York (on approach to micklegate bar) despite there being a puffin crossing about 20 yards away.

Locked rear wheel and slid towards him gently - think he'll appreciate new underwear on xmas day

Take it steady buddy

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-11, 04:13 PM   #3
Stenno

I figured it would be hectic so I just went to Budgens and Iceland today in Tolworth, in the car of course.

Seems to be a few gas works going on lately. Not sure if it's planned or from the bit of frost we had the other day.
Old 23-12-11, 06:54 PM   #4
BBadger

this is why i walk down the road to tesco...so much easier.
although i did stop to have an argument with someone at the crossing because they shouted at me for almost running them overall because a car had stopped to turn right and so they assumed the bike would stop aswell...i think not.
Old 23-12-11, 07:03 PM   #5
leebex

Used the bike myself today for a little jaunt, traffic was so light I didnt gain anything though, apart from the fun factor, roads quite slippery which isnt so nice.
Old 23-12-11, 10:27 PM   #6
DJFridge

Boo hiss. Bike is still in garage with flat battery after 5 weeks enforced lack of riding due to dog-sitting for FIL. Chargers have arrived now though, so I'm hoping to get her connected up while I have a few days off. Wifey's Monster is probably flat too so I'd better sort that out too!
Old 24-12-11, 05:29 PM   #7
DJFridge

OK, I feel better now - just got in from washing both bikes.

Because they were muddy.

Because the batteries WEREN'T FLAT!!

Instead of a 5 mile round trip in the car to the farm shop, we went and picked up FIL on his Gladys and had a 50 mile round trip through the West Sussex countryside. It was fantastic, the sun was shining, the roads were (almost) dry and not too busy. The sort of ride that makes you glad to be alive.

Oh, and I discovered you can go greenlane-ing on an SV. I mean, obviously you shouldn't, it's very silly and you'll spend the whole time thinking "it's alright for you two on your naked's, if I drop it my fairings are going to get hurt". But you can. Hence the mud!

Happy Christmas to one and all