SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-10-11, 02:24 PM   #11
skeetly

Default Re: Protecting her over the winter

acf50.
skeetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 12:44 AM   #12
Fifteen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetly View Post
acf50.
Old 10-10-11, 02:57 AM   #13
rictus01
Mega Poster

I don't see why you should limit the use of the bike , mine get used all year round as that's what I pay for, my bikes get a good clean twice a year, yes just twice, once just before the winter sets in and once in the spring, a good de-grease and lots of hot soapy water, then re-grease and oil all pivots and levers, a bit of hard polish for the panels (I use TURLEWAX) and then ACF50, but don't spray it on, you'll put to much on (and it isn't cheap) and stuff will stick to it, get yourself a 1" paint brush, spray onto that (or as i do use the fluid instead), and brush everything bar the handgrips,levers,footpegs,brake discs (caliper bodies are fine, just avoid the pads), seat and panels, about three brush loads are all you'll need each side of the bike.

From this point through the winter just wash the bike down with cold water, the dirt and muck will wash off the film of ACF50 but leave it in place.

come spring start again the hot soapy water will remove the ACF50, ready for re-applying for the summer, my bikes live outside all year and this system has worked very well for several years so far and I expect it to for many more to come.

Cheers Mark
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 05:47 PM   #14
Daveog

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Clean it, SORN it, stick it in the garage. Works a treat for me.
Lol +2
Old 16-10-11, 10:38 PM   #15
nikon70

1) ACF-50

2) that's the down side to a pointy, the brakes are at the bottom, catches all the sh!t from the road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
This is what happens if you dont do anything other than wash it over the winter. I am going to buy some ACF this year, cant afford to renew everything next year.

Old 16-10-11, 11:01 PM   #16
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon70 View Post
1) ACF-50

2) that's the down side to a pointy, the brakes are at the bottom, catches all the sh!t from the road...
other way around I think you'll find
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote