SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 02-04-14, 08:43 PM   #21
MONO

Default Re: New Supertwin Racer

Hey Stuart, Manx on a Duke nice one !!! Spoke to Noel a few times over the weekend, reckons your SV is good one. Newcomers weekend was excellent ,loads of laps and advice from race lads...
MONO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 07:51 AM   #22
Stuart42

Hi Mono
Glad you had a good time. It's quite a place isn't it?
Fingers crossed the Supertwin is a good one. Think my first chance to ride it will be practice for Cookstown.
I'm very lucky to be given the chance to ride a Ducati,it's been a dream to ride one there for a long time.
First we have to have our entry accepted as there were 144 applicants for 75 spaces on the grid.
Hope everything goes well for you and hope to meet up with you over there.
Anyone else doing The Manx?
Cheers Stuart
Stuart42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 11:32 AM   #23
cowiea

Me...
But on a 400.

Been running a Thundercat Steelie for 5 years and have got an SV to gently Supertwin. Depending how that goes might be running it later in the Summer.

Good luck at the Manx.

AndyC
cowiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 06:20 AM   #24
Stuart42

Hi Andy
Have raced a 400 there before & is great fun.
Enjoy & be safe
Cheers Stuart
Old 12-05-14, 07:57 AM   #25
Stuart42

Hi allFound out that my entry for Classic TT has been accepted,which is great news. Still waiting to see if Supertwin entry has been accepted,fingers crossed it has as am really enjoying racing ir.
Been out at Cookstown & Tandragee,blog has been updated.
Just got to wait until Skerries for next run out.
Cheers Stuart
Old 30-05-14, 04:35 PM   #26
yvo6

Hi Stuart

I see by your blog you are off to the Manx. You will love it.

After the newcomers lap and first practice lap, you will be wondering What you are doing there!!!. lol

Be patient and relax into it, the first couple of laps are a real eye opener but you will get used to it. Forget about fast laps they will come with learning to be smooth and getting the flow from one corner to the other. Its a little like Tandragee in that respect only 5 times longer.

I am still remembering Cookstown with a smile about that first corner on each lap - it was mighty craic. Tandragee was a very sad meeting and while i needed to get the 400 out to see if the carbs were running properly, I couldnt get into it on the 600 at all.

The wee 400 is starting to run better with a complete set of o-rings in the carbs - they are a bit like me - too much age on them lol

My next meeting is Kells and the Armoy so we might get caught up at one of them. I'm not doing Skerries.

Take care
Yvonne
Old 30-05-14, 05:16 PM   #27
Stuart42

Hi Yvonne
Good to hear from you.
Cookstown was class,really enjoyed it. Tandragee was very sad,especially as Noel was working on my bike up until we went out,he will be sadly missed.
Found out in the week that haven't got a entry for Manx on sv,which is really annoying as was looking forward to riding it round. Still,can't complain as will have the 888,so will have plenty of fun.
Have raced Manx before,& came off in 2000. Didn't think I would go back,but really miss the place & is a great offer to race a Ducati round The Island.
Sadly can't make Kells,Bush or Armoy,but will be out at Skerries.
Hope to see you at sone stage during the season,if not take it steady & enjoy.
Cheers Stuart
Old 30-05-14, 06:51 PM   #28
MONO

How did you find out about the supertwin Stuart. Put an enty in also, so guess i wont be accepted with you being more experienced there. Really wanted to do two races. Manx has become very popular by the looks of things...
cheers Paul..
Old 30-05-14, 07:36 PM   #29
Stuart42

Hi Paul
Got an email earlier in the week,so if haven't heard maybe good news.Fingers crossed for you,let me know how you get on?
Trouble is last time I raced there was 14 years ago.
Is shame though as was looking forward to racing the sv there as really enjoying riding it.
Still maybe better to run just the one bike first year back,it is quite a return too as always wanted to race a Ducati there,never dreamt would be a 888. How lucky am I?
Cheers Stuart
Old 18-06-14, 10:46 PM   #30
MONO

See you there Stuart, got conformation for newcomers and supertwins, not sure what the deal is but all newcomers who wanted two races got it. Need to rack some miles up on the sv only done one Aintree which was more like a test day..