SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 13-10-06, 12:51 PM   #1
glade

Default Morax Gold Chain Wax / Wurth Chain Wax

I usually use Wurth chain wax (aerosol spray) which is very good. It appears to cover the chain well, and doesnt fling. Looks like it penetrates well into the joints. The chain seems to keep clean too. When you spray it on it is very fluid and as the solvent evaporates the chain becomes sticky.

Have just bought some Motrax Gold Chain Wax. Now i was expecting it to be 'gold standard' and similar to the wurth stuff.... but it does exactly what it says on the tin!!! Its like gold spray paint!

When you spray the wax it is much more gunky than the worth stuff. You can see exactly where you have missed a bit and its obvious when you have completely covered the chain. Towards the end the nozzle seemed to block, so will have to clean it all out before the next time i use it. The wax is much thicker and i anticipate that it will pick up more crap then the wurth wax, and i wouldn't be suprised if it flings off. (Will get a shock cleaning the inside of the sprocket cover )

glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-06, 09:14 PM   #2
Robssv

Default Chain Lube

Hello fellow Swindon SV rider, for a start.

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the Motrax chain lube. Im slowly coming back to basics with having to lube a chain every now and then, my last 3 bikes were all shaft drive!

At the moment Im using some surplus RAF chain lube which is a bit runny and messes up the silver wheels of my SV as soon as I ride.

Oh BTW while on the subject of raising the rear wheel to lube the chain I have just finished my home made bike stand which uses the swinging arm pivot and raises the bike like a centre stand. Hope to have some pics of it soon along with some instructions if any one is interested in knocking one up, but you need to be able to weld. Simular stands are about £100, this cost about £30!

Rob.
Old 19-11-06, 08:07 PM   #3
glade

Had the motrax lube for a while now, it seems ok. Doesnt seem to pick up much dirt but does fling off and cover everything in gold speckles. Will be going back to the wurth stuff next time.

Rob - keep an eye on the South & West surfers pages, there are quite a few people around swindon way with SV's.
Old 14-02-08, 06:41 PM   #4
glade

Default Re: Morax Gold Chain Wax / Wurth Chain Wax

In the end I binned the Motrax wax!

When I was using the wurth high performance dry chain lube, My chain needed virtually no adjustment.

When the can ran out, I bought the Motrax gold wax. The chain started needing regular adjustment so I cleaned the thick gunk off, and the chain was rusty underneath!

At my last service they told me I need a new chain and sprocket set because its shagged (11k).

I've gone back to wurth dry lube now, or fresh engine oil.