SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 06-06-10, 08:10 PM   #101
boot

Default Re: 6th June. Buxton Chippy Run 2.

Hi all, back home now. Thoroughly enjoyable day, well....nearly!

I have fractured my collar bone and some good bruising. I can't move the top half of my body as I'm in a lot of pain.

Dave Number was exceptionally helpful, I'll call you shortly mate.

First inspections of bike are brake lever snapped, rear indicator, end can (just badly scuffed) head light looked pretty bust, hopefully that's it! Just need to get it home now.

Typed by the wife. Thanks for your posts. I managed to get there just as he was leaving. Cheers.
Old 06-06-10, 08:12 PM   #102
DaveP

Gareth?? Black naked ??? Not good news... hate to hear of anyone down. Please do let us know how he is... Best wishes to him!!!!

Good to meet the other guys and to see old(yes your old) faces too!!

Nice ride once i found you!!

Cheers col and Brettus.... As always cracking Job!!

And i have to say a massive well done to the first timers.... Now roll on the next one...

Sweet!!!

Dave
Old 06-06-10, 08:23 PM   #103
Electro

Glad to hear you are in reasonable condition Gareth. You and the bike are repairable. Milk the TLC that you will get from Karina, even though it will cost u in the long run

Take care.
Old 06-06-10, 08:42 PM   #104
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Boot old fruit! Good to see you back at home, almost in one piece! Well done Dave numbers for helping out, great to see the fellowship of the Org in action, even if in not the best circumstances.

Col and Brett, forgot to say thanks earlier for getting this organised, despite having it landed on you by the 'The Committee' . Great mix of roads with some good places of interest thrown in. Top job!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 08:52 PM   #105
Brettus

Glad to hear you are back home and the bike is repairable. Take it easy with the recovery! Look forward to seeing you on another outing
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 08:57 PM   #106
Dave20046
Mega Poster

That wasn't the only crash on that corner today, just got a phone call from the farm owners.

Then when I got to stoney middleton a biker gave me a slow down signal, found a flipped ford focus and a couple of coppers round the bend.

Really unlucky garreth - mend soon.
Old 06-06-10, 09:01 PM   #107
bigspud

glad to hear the damage to you and bike is fairly superficial mate
best wishes gareth get well soon
Old 06-06-10, 09:31 PM   #108
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

glad you home Boot and it's a cliche but it could have been worse.. so feel lucky..
Old 06-06-10, 10:18 PM   #109
Speedy Claire

Just home and as bad and as painful as it must be i`m very relieved to hear your injury`s aren`t too serious Gareth... take it easy and my best wishes for a speedy recovery. I really feel for Karina, what an awful phone call to receive... absolute nightmare and a situation that all our loved ones must live in fear of receiving.

Huge thanks to Col for all your organisation and Brettus for your role as Tec and no, you didn`t hold me up on those bends, I actually thought you were very nippy!

Was lovely to see and meet so many new faces today, the rideout achieved what it set out to do despite the damp conditions. Well done all your newcomers, I hope you had a fantastic day and I hope that any fears or doubts you may have had about group rides have been alleviated... will be great to meet up with you all again in the future. I have to say what a great bunch of people we have on here, it really is a pleasure to spend an enjoyable day out with such great company.

PS: a big thankyou to Blue Pete and anyone else who might have helped on the odd occasion that my feet wouldn`t reach the floor !!! this was down to Colin choosing an alpine mountain route and nothing at all to do with the fact that my legs seem to be vertically challenged!
Old 06-06-10, 11:59 PM   #110
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
PS, did you see all those old Nortons outside the Pub at the hairpin?
Yes, bloody things cluttering up the place, obscuring the view into a junction (plus tranny van) and generally mucking up the line into the hairpin.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote