SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 13-07-09, 12:59 PM   #21
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Annual Track Day Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Yeh Brands is nice for all of us who live down this way but is it being a little thoughtless to those who live a long, long way away from it?

I know Zombie Jezus made the effort from Wales but is that because Brands is the track of choice worth travelling for or just cos loads of us were going and it fitted in well for him.

I know if this thread was posted say by Northy and he was suggesting it be Knockhill every year then the idea would appeal less as it'll be too costly.

I'm not going on a free trackday at Oulton Pk cos its just too far to justify for a few sessions, are we limiting numbers by suggesting its Brands every year i wonder?
Ahh I failed to see which section we were in, I thought this was the thread in the Soho Massive section

How does Donnington sound - thats near Derby and research showed the LARP event organisers that area is the most central/easiest to get to for most of the UK...

Has nothing to do with the track being in SBK08 and SBK09

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 01:00 PM   #22
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Ahh I failed to see which section we were in, I thought this was the thread in the Soho Massive section

How does Donnington sound - thats near Derby and research showed the LARP event organisers that area is the most central/easiest to get to for most of the UK...

Has nothing to do with the track being in SBK08 and SBK09
Donnington is a nice track, will be covered in F1 tarmac ripples soon though
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 01:03 PM   #23
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinestarhero View Post
good point... Brands hatch does have two circuits, maybe one year we can do the full circuit (do they do track days for that though, because of noise? Sheene curve is quite close to the resident's houses!), else just keep it to the indy track which looks like great fun

I like brands anyway for the photography, its easy to get close
Psst...I'm doing the GP track on the 3rd! (everyone book this now )

It's 101dB instead of 105dB so my BAFFLED slip-on is going to be bang on the money

You won't get much time to photograph what with being on track next time young Mr. hero!!
Old 13-07-09, 01:38 PM   #24
keith_d
Mega Poster

I'm a newbie, so my opinions should be taken with the appropriate amount of salt....

From a geography perspective the midlands should be high on the list. There are a selection of tracks from the days when we used to have a car industry and it's very accessible from most parts of the country.

Maybe somewhere like the Prodrive testing grounds if anyone has the right contacts, I did an RX-8 driving day up there and the twisty circuit is awesome. The regular track is good too, but the twisty circuit is just manic.

Keith.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 01:58 PM   #25
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
I'm a newbie, so my opinions should be taken with the appropriate amount of salt....

From a geography perspective the midlands should be high on the list. There are a selection of tracks from the days when we used to have a car industry and it's very accessible from most parts of the country.

Maybe somewhere like the Prodrive testing grounds if anyone has the right contacts, I did an RX-8 driving day up there and the twisty circuit is awesome. The regular track is good too, but the twisty circuit is just manic.

Keith.
I don't mind venturing out into the wilderness of 'oop norf' if that's peoples desire....it's only one day a year and I'm sure 99% of us will survive the harsh norfern environment

Old 13-07-09, 02:04 PM   #26
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
I don't mind venturing out into the wilderness of 'oop norf' if that's peoples desire....it's only one day a year and I'm sure 99% of us will survive the harsh norfern environment

Its only 2 hours from my place to the turn-off for Derby on the M1

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 02:32 PM   #27
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Its only 2 hours from my place to the turn-off for Derby on the M1
Lol well let's not do the calculation of speed you need for that (I go up the M1 any time I need to go home - to Northampton-area - so I know what the journey's like )
Old 13-07-09, 02:38 PM   #28
Demonz

Perhaps Donnington over a weekend or ona Friday. The ideal for me would be to make it over a couple of nights so we can chill out before and after. Would be cool to think we could camp and BBQ after the days event, show off knee sliders and chicken strips etc...
Old 13-07-09, 02:51 PM   #29
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I too like the idea of doing it over a weekend and camping it up. As i mentioned i was kinda jelous of the uys not staying in the hotel as i pictured them out in the nice summer evening, having a barbi and a few beers.
thats my kinda thing far more than sitting in some hotel room watching their telly or getting drunk in their overpriced bar anyway
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 03:07 PM   #30
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I too like the idea of doing it over a weekend and camping it up. As i mentioned i was kinda jelous of the uys not staying in the hotel as i pictured them out in the nice summer evening, having a barbi and a few beers.
thats my kinda thing far more than sitting in some hotel room watching their telly or getting drunk in their overpriced bar anyway
I'm more of a hotel/camper-van-at-a-stretch kinda guy, but in an ideal world I would have the hotel for sleepses and I'd meander about someone else's campsite to eat their food and drink their beer etc