SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-04-17, 02:55 PM   #1
synXero

Default Forks rebuild + chain & sprocket

Roughly what sort of cost should I be looking at to rebuild front forks and refill, and also to replace chain and sprockets?

Does anyone have any specific advice / things that should also be done at the same time as doing either of these jobs.
Old 13-04-17, 04:50 PM   #2
Helms

Default Re: Forks rebuild + chain & sprocket

If it's any help, I have a receipt in my pile of invoices for a fork rebuild. The price was £100. At the same time 2 x stanchions were replaced. Final bill £320
Old 14-04-17, 07:12 AM   #3
Blapper

Default Re: Forks rebuild + chain & sprocket

this is a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question really. It depends on if there is accident damage, some wear and tear, just a leaky seal or only an oil change but Helm's post is a help. Yes, things that can be done while you have them out - check your headraces aren't damaged, think about changing the springs for some that are right for your weight, add emulators? I changed my oil for 10W and got a better feel for from the front end - god knows what was in there before.

DID chain and sprockets £116.99 eBay.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote