SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-06-08, 11:35 AM   #11
MiniMatt

Default Re: Today on my way to work I saw...

Teehee - Citroen 2CV was my weapon of choice Not one, but TWO whole cylinders (just like an SV), 602cc of throbbing power (not far off an SV), 0-60 in.... well, 60mph is being a tad optimistic (thankfully not like an SV)
Old 03-06-08, 12:05 PM   #12
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

For insurance purposes - the emerging driver (The flashing driver was clearly warning the emerging driver that there was an oncoming vehicle so be carefull yeah right)
For staying alive - you 100% of the time, no one else is going to look after you on the road.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 01:24 PM   #13
Bluepete
Mega Poster

I learned in a 2CV too! My brother managed to kill the yellow peril by actually rolling it! Shouldn't be able to, but the designer never met my bro!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 01:38 PM   #14
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnooshka View Post
I learnt to drive in a cr-v??? i passed with only 2 minors!! Do not judge!!!!
I learned to drive in a 1951 S1 LandRover with no synchro on any gear between the ages of 14 and 17. You had to double declutch up and down the gearbox. I jumped from an hour's practise in that straight into a BSM Mini to do my test and passed. Before my test I'd been playing around driving 7.5 ton Bedford TK series army trucks for a few hours and about 30 minutes having a go at reversing a Foden artic round corners too. My dad first put me behind the wheel of a Morris Minor Traveller when I was 9 or 10 yrs old, by the time I was 13 he'd let me drive it 150 yards up the road to the patrol station, where I'd fill the tank from empty to full for lots less than a fiver then drive it home and into our tight driveway.

Like Sam says, don't judge.