SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 10-01-13, 02:34 PM   #1
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Motocrossing at Doncaster, 2013 version!

Dear near neighbours

I'm organising two group MX days at Doncaster Moto Park, next to Robin Hood airport, and there are places available. The dates are Tuesdays 4th June and 24th September.

No experience is necessary, in fact if you're over about 15 years old and 5ft high you'll do, and believe me, being a road rider isn't much of an advantage either. Everything is provided - bikes, gear, track, tuition - all you need is lunch and underpants. It's all run by www.motocrosstryout.co.uk who started off teaching kids of 7, so believe me they can teach you too.

Cost is £110 for a full day, 1000-1600. I've done this a load of times (though am still crap), and have taken loads of people who have never ridden off road, and plenty more who couldn't ride a motorbike at all. It's a lorra lorra fun. Some Pennine Massivers are coming. PM me or reply below for more info. Thread from last year with pix etc.
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=174704&page=7
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 06:32 PM   #2
acting_strange

Default Re: Motocrossing at Doncaster, 2013 version!

Can fat old *******s have a go )
Old 10-01-13, 07:02 PM   #3
cb1000rsteve

I'm interested in the September date. What's involved and how do we pay / book etc??
I'm local, well work in donny and live in Selby. Always fancied a go at off road so sounds great.
Old 11-01-13, 01:22 PM   #4
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

We've had a couple of corpulent gentlemen have a go before, and some of advancing years (well, advance into middle age that is). It's physcially gonna knacker you out so if you're up for that then yep, you'll do.

Please PM me your preferred email address and I'll send more details. It starts with a £40 deposit, balance about a month beforehand.
Old 25-01-13, 09:42 AM   #5
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I realise that sounds like "Give me £40 or I'm not talking to you"! I meant PM me your email address and I'll send you some more info about how it works, payments etc. and if you fancy it then you can get booked up.
Old 25-01-13, 01:26 PM   #6
Owenski

Best £110 you'll ever spend
Old 26-01-13, 01:23 PM   #7
L3nny
Mega Poster

I'll have some of this!! Do you need MX gear or is it all provided?
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-13, 05:45 PM   #8
acting_strange

Pm'd you )
Old 26-01-13, 07:34 PM   #9
Owenski

All u need to bring is yourself and any food/drink you plan to consume through the day.
If you've got any of your own gear you're welcome to use it but if not everything (boots, knee pads, pants, back protector, elbow pads, jersey, helmet, gloves and googles) are all provided. Along with the bikes and fuel obviously!

Stuff i missed last time was taking a rucksack because once you head down to the track you only return to the car at lunch and the then again end of the day. (And its a ball ache of a trek up a big ramp) You'll need to take everything you may want track side with you when u leave the car park as the last thing you'll want to do during a rest from riding is hike up to the car.

Its a good idea to stock up on all items before arriving, the venue is quite isolated so popping out at lunch isn't ideal. Also bring plenty of fluids as during the rests you'll be gasping, I thought 2l would be plenty... It Didn't last the morning.

Oh we had smashing weather last time but if its horrid then you'll want some sort of shelter as standing in the middle of the track you're very exposed, most of us caught the sun.
Change of clothes is essential if its going to be wet.
Old 27-01-13, 07:59 AM   #10
L3nny
Mega Poster

Thanks, I'll be going to the one in June so see you there
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote