SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-03-09, 09:35 AM   #1
TheStudent

Default Motorcycle Road Angel Laser Alert

I have a road angel mounted under the screen on my bike and it's great, apart from I have to switch off the laser alert function because it goes off every time i open the taps on the bike? I don't understand why lol?
Old 18-03-09, 09:52 AM   #2
Lucas

Default Re: Motorcycle Road Angel Laser Alert

because SVs goes at speed of light
Old 18-03-09, 09:55 AM   #3
Dicky Ticker

Road Angel does not make you invincible,so be careful with the tap,remember that Lasers operate at 600mts which is a fair distance so by the time your alert has sounded and you slow down -----TO LATE
All these gadgets are good to a certain degree but NONE are 100%
I am quite happy with the fixed camera set up on my GPS wHich warns you of detection areas also but visual alertness is still my best line of defence
Old 18-03-09, 10:06 AM   #4
TheStudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
Road Angel does not make you invincible,so be careful with the tap,remember that Lasers operate at 600mts which is a fair distance so by the time your alert has sounded and you slow down -----TO LATE
All these gadgets are good to a certain degree but NONE are 100%
I am quite happy with the fixed camera set up on my GPS wHich warns you of detection areas also but visual alertness is still my best line of defence
Yeah I know mate, at less than 200m, the beam is less that 10cm in diameter so the chance of it even hitting the RA is slim. However, the RA is also a GPS based blackspot and camera warner, aswell as a digital speedo and a clock, so I like it! May sell soon though and put towards a tomtom rider, we'll see!

I'm curious mainly as to the cause of this though, anyone know?
Old 18-03-09, 11:37 AM   #5
Dicky Ticker

Probably like a GPS and warns you you are exceeding the speed limit for the road you are on/or 70mph------------------My GPS flashes the speed up in red if above
Old 18-03-09, 03:07 PM   #6
TheStudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
Probably like a GPS and warns you you are exceeding the speed limit for the road you are on/or 70mph------------------My GPS flashes the speed up in red if above
It doesn't have that feature, I don't have to be above the limit for it to do it.
Hello,
Thank you for your email, the laser may be going off due to the vibrations the unit is getting while being used on the bike.

Regards
Sarah White

Road Angel Group Ltd
Vibrations? That's a bit pants...
Old 18-03-09, 08:16 PM   #7
Sally

Rubber mountings?