SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-10, 05:26 PM   #11
Icanopit

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Flame, have already PMed you, BUT have you got a receipt from them ?????

JOHN
Old 24-04-10, 05:27 PM   #12
Sally

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Thats a good question, is it actually restricted?
Old 24-04-10, 05:33 PM   #13
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

I heard FI international supply a sticker saying "its 33bhp" or something like that, but suzuki do not.
Old 24-04-10, 05:39 PM   #14
Flameboy

It is restricted. i've had NOthing from the police, seized it on the spot. the two police that pulled me originally had no idea about the "plate" untill the sarge turned up and called someone who told him there needed to be one... unless he writes the laws i fail to believe it myself. we'll see though they're going to test it and get back to me tues/wed. Nice walking commute until then? I did ask the police for a curtsey car but you know what the budget's like these days, had to cover the cost of all 3 of them waiting for the garage to come collect the bike.
Old 24-04-10, 05:39 PM   #15
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

EHHHHHHHHHHHHH???

I have never in all the years I've been riding heard of this before, and If there was a legal requirement, I'd be inclined to think everyone in/out of the restriction club would know about it.

Me thinks you need to pop down to your local legal eagle. Or perhaps you could ask your riding school, as if it was required, they'd be required by law to tell you about it.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 05:42 PM   #16
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Be very careful who you listen to. a LOT of people take the bollox that FI international SAY is the law AS law, which it most certainly isn't.

I have NEVER heard of a 'restriction plate' being used/supplied, never mind required!

Seriously, lawyer, soon! You got legal assistance on your insurance?
Old 24-04-10, 05:44 PM   #17
TazDaz

You got nothing from the police to say they have your bike?
Old 24-04-10, 05:49 PM   #18
Ch00

You should have some sort of paperwork as to how or where you can get your bike from.

Were you given a ticket or reported for the offence?

Was the offence "Not in accordance with driving licence"?
Old 24-04-10, 05:49 PM   #19
Owenski

Isle of Man require an R plate for new riders, but the UK as far as Im aware require no such identification on the bike.
An old law used to state that restrictions to the engine were required to be tagged. Kinda of a dog tag for the engine to prove its restricted but as far as Im aware that law fizzled out years ago prob around the time EFI came in and performance can be controlled from a lap top rather than using a toolbox.
Old 24-04-10, 05:50 PM   #20
davepreston

seize your bike boll0cks, sorry prove its not legal then you can take it, first off to solisiter ,second ipcc , i would wnt that sgt nuts on the chopping block (the buck stop with him) ,make sure the ****ers learn to apply the law not there own version of it