SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-10-07, 02:05 PM   #1
metalmonkey

Default Something strange is happening

I seem to have lost all tolerance to beerwhat on earth is going on? I get bad head aches the next day just after one, I know ha ha light weight, but it happnes all the time now! Had one last night bad head ache all day.....
May have to stop totally shick, wouldn't be bad a thing but a beer is good have somethimes!

I wonder can you become become allergic to something after having drank/taken for err a long time? Anything simalar every happened to anyone else?
Old 27-10-07, 02:17 PM   #2
Frank

Default Re: Something strange is happening

yes.spending money
Old 27-10-07, 02:19 PM   #3
Warthog

I have certainly gotten worse hangovers as I get older. I am in the middle of a monstrous one, I feel poisoned
Old 27-10-07, 02:24 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

I had to stop drinking for about 6 months a couple of years ago, and I never really restarted heavily- it's great, I can get ****ed on a tenner but I don't get so hungover
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-07, 03:01 PM   #5
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Old age mate.Gets everyone in the end.
I used to consume a fair bit of drink in my teens and twenties,but drink very moderately now.Nothing to do with being a puritan,just not worth the hangovers.
Old 27-10-07, 03:06 PM   #6
Ol Boc

I would think it's a sugar allergy: sugar is like a drug, worse than nicotine some say.

It's not a problem up North as we tend not to drink shandy......
Old 27-10-07, 03:29 PM   #7
Kate Moss

my sister suddenly became dairy intolerant at the age of 26!! never had a problem with it before then she was really ill and her body kinda reset itself and she could no longer eat dairy! i brought her some chocolates to make her feel better!!!
Old 27-10-07, 03:31 PM   #8
5v5 rider

I dont know if its anythin similar but a mate of mine cannot drink any kinda booze now, his GP said he's got something wrong with his stomach enzymes due to excessive alcohol in his earlier years....
Old 27-10-07, 03:38 PM   #9
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Boc View Post
I would think it's a sugar allergy: sugar is like a drug, worse than nicotine some say.

It's not a problem up North as we tend not to drink shandy......
Agreed +1
Old 27-10-07, 05:21 PM   #10
Ace-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
I seem to have lost all tolerance to beerwhat on earth is going on? I get bad head aches the next day just after one, I know ha ha light weight, but it happnes all the time now! Had one last night bad head ache all day.....
May have to stop totally shick, wouldn't be bad a thing but a beer is good have somethimes!

I wonder can you become become allergic to something after having drank/taken for err a long time? Anything simalar every happened to anyone else?
Unfortunately my OH has had the same problem. A couple of years ago he started to get very severe and disproportionate 'hangovers'. Now if he has a small amount of alchohol (we are talking 1/4 glass of wine here!) half an hour later he gets a severe headache which leaves him utterly washed out. Doc has asked him to keep a headache diary and suspects migraine. Doc also said it is quite common of chaps of 'a certain age' to become alchohol intolerant (or to something in it).

He does not drink at all any more, sorry mate

Trace