SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-05-08, 03:19 PM   #11
Jasonr

Default Re: Anyone done any Advanced Training ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
Jason,

Ive been attending EAMG on and off since 2003, fair bit of training but probably wont take the test (dont like tests!) I just like to keep my riding up to scratch. I only went once last year (oopss!) must try and get along to a few AGT's this year.
I was a bit like that umming and ahhing about the test but then just thought blow it and just did it I now have to go through the whole thing again beacuse of my lay off. To tell you the truth the test was quite good and not as bad as I thought it was if your observer thinks you are there then most [probably you have nothing to worry about it

I should be going to the AGT this sunday but I am still running the bike in so I am wondering whether I should or not.

Its blue sky and warm see you down the hawk ????
Old 09-05-08, 03:42 PM   #12
DanAbnormal

Done some. I mainly do advanced kneedown sillyness now.
Old 09-05-08, 03:48 PM   #13
independentphoto

Yep. Done the IAM training and passed the advanced test at the end of last season. I'm now training as an observer with the same group as KitKat for the very reason that Mark H states (to put something back in) and besides which it's a good night out usually.

Took out my first associate (backed up by a qualified/ senior observer) this week which was a different experience altogether! A whole new challenge.

Can't go wrong with advanced training in my book.

Garry
Old 09-05-08, 04:20 PM   #14
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonr View Post
I was a bit like that umming and ahhing about the test but then just thought blow it and just did it I now have to go through the whole thing again beacuse of my lay off. To tell you the truth the test was quite good and not as bad as I thought it was if your observer thinks you are there then most [probably you have nothing to worry about it

I should be going to the AGT this sunday but I am still running the bike in so I am wondering whether I should or not.

Its blue sky and warm see you down the hawk ????
how annoying! I thought once youd passed youd passed! Definately wont bother then!

Yes we are go going this evening...look out for a british racing green Triumph Sprint RS and a curvy yellow SV
Old 09-05-08, 05:55 PM   #15
kitkat

provided you pay your annual subs you remain a member. if you let your subscription lapse for a couple of years you have to requalify. I personally think you should have to requalify every 5 years, free of charge of course.