SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 10-12-07, 09:25 AM   #1
Bear

Default The "who's bothered Rictus recently?" thread!

Mods, please make me sticky (oo-er missus!)

As most of us are painfully aware, Mark is going in for the next round of doctors sucking their teeth and hacking away at his knee with a bread knife tomorrow (11th December). I think it'll be worthwhile to try to co-ordinate efforts to get some of us round there as often as possible so he doesn't forget what we look like and go and get happier, healthier, more attractive or less crashy mates.

Mark has said to me that he'd rather have a few people coming regularly rather than a big flood of people all at once and then nothing for a while, so lets see if we can get to the stage where he posts on this thread to tell us all to bugger off for a few days so he can get some peace.

Mark, if you're on here please let us know when you're back at home and ready to throw rocks at us to get us off your front doorstep.

Thanks all.
Old 10-12-07, 09:50 AM   #2
CoolGirl

Default Re: The "who's bothered Rictus recently?" thread!

I've already bagsied the window end of the sofa.
Old 10-12-07, 11:42 AM   #3
Cazza

And I've bagsied the sticky toffee puddings. I await my summons...

Good luck Mark - will be thinking of you lots. No smoking during the op, okay? I know what a rule-bender you are .
Old 10-12-07, 02:00 PM   #4
Jester666

There you go Bear, you're all sticky now!

Mark, What they said. Good luck at the butchers tomorrow!

I'll be along with pillion in tow no doubt.
Old 10-12-07, 03:50 PM   #5
K

If I could get down there would, but then you know my thoughts, hopes and internet access are with you.
Old 10-12-07, 03:56 PM   #6
Stig

Well I'll be doing what I did the last time, and visiting most Friday evenings.

I also know from last time that Mark would prefer scheduled visits rather than suprised visits. Basically so he can let people know if he feels up to it or not. Mark being Mark will go through the motions of being grateful of the visit when inside he was wishing he was on his own. Just thought I'd add that.
Old 10-12-07, 04:01 PM   #7
Samnooshka

Good luck tomorrow Mark!!!

*gentle* Hugs to you, and will be thinking of you tomorrow!

xx
Old 10-12-07, 05:51 PM   #8
Alpinestarhero

Rictus, best wishes for tomorrow mate and hope it all goes well.

Matt
Old 10-12-07, 06:07 PM   #9
rictus01
Mega Poster

Thanks Guys, just got to turn the front room back into the cripple palace and then I'm all set, we as I can be.

In at 10 tomorrow, got 6-8 hours of surgery with two teams working on me, although its possible to get out of hosp fairly quickly it's all down to diabetic control and recovery time, they originally said a week to 10 days, but as I'm hoping to retain my own diabetic control and have turned down the morphin I could be out in a day or so, recovery? well they say 10-12 weeks for the first lot, then the second round of two operations and a further 8-10 weeks after that, if all goes well, I can try walking then, in total 5-6 months, off course they have said I won't be able to ride again and will have no more than 70 degrees of bend in the knee, but well have to see about that , I'll update as and when I know.

As has been said, I know alot more what to expect this time round, which although making the whole thing scary as hell, does allow me to manage things a bit better, this time I won't be trying to hold back any depression (as I did last time) but rather dip up and down, to that end having a reason to pull myself up is needed, this is where visitors come in, the benefit all the people who visited me last time and how much I relied on them was a surprise to me although the support I got fantastic, but I could really do with out any gaps of to long, a week maybe two is fine, but much longer than that really does make it hard to get out off, if you know what I mean.

Thanks Jamie for starting this thread, if people could use it to gauge when the last visit was and try to spread them out it would really help.

although a call before visiting isn't require, be prepared for me to be in a bad way, so perhaps wise (anyone not have my number, PM me over or speak to someone for the Soho group).

I know the value of good friends at times like these and am fortunate to be well endowed with plenty.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 10-12-07 at 06:10 PM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 06:26 PM   #10
Stig

Jeez, you still here