SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-10-17, 07:51 AM   #11
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: MIVV exhaust

A couple of weekends ago I was in the car on a delimit A road, and a bike was coming up fast behind me, so I moved left a little to make it easier for them to pass.

Turned out it was a pointy 650, and as they blatted past I thought "that sounds quite nice, wonder what exhaust they've got." When they tucked back in after passing, I was surprised to see it still had the standard exhaust. I was quite surprised at how fruity it sounded, it was completely different to what I hear in my helmet when riding my own standard pointy.

There's a bloke in the shared car park here who has a Monster 900 with Termi cans on it. It sounds glorious to me, but everyone else in my office (all non-bikers) say it's stupidly loud, and I have to admit that they're right.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 07:13 PM   #12
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: MIVV exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
A couple of weekends ago I was in the car on a delimit A road, and a bike was coming up fast behind me, so I moved left a little to make it easier for them to pass.

Turned out it was a pointy 650, and as they blatted past I thought "that sounds quite nice, wonder what exhaust they've got." When they tucked back in after passing, I was surprised to see it still had the standard exhaust. I was quite surprised at how fruity it sounded, it was completely different to what I hear in my helmet when riding my own standard pointy.

There's a bloke in the shared car park here who has a Monster 900 with Termi cans on it. It sounds glorious to me, but everyone else in my office (all non-bikers) say it's stupidly loud, and I have to admit that they're right.

v twins with a standard exhaust do sound better than il4's anyway, it's just the way they are.... I do miss my sv!

this exhaust will make things better though, i'm sure! lol
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote