SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 31-03-07, 03:55 AM   #1
Nbot

Default SOLD!--2000 SV650 RACE bike!

BIKE IS SOLD!!!!

Up for sale, 2000 SV650 STOCK engine, bill of sale only, RACE bike!

Racing is expensive enough! Be SMART....get a good stock bike that you can have FUN on, that won't cost you thousands of dollars every time you wreck, so you can spend money on more important items, like leathers ($400-1K)/helmets ($300-700)/boots ($300)/gloves ($150), and most importantly, TRACK TIME!! (horsepower doesn't make you fast...tracktime makes you fast)

Don't break the bank on a bike, spending $300 every weekend on tires and another $1500 on safety gear will do that for you! Not to mention a truck/van to haul the bike ($$$), trailer ($500), somewhere to sleep at the track (the van or hotel?), gas money to the track ($), registration fees for track/AMA ($150/weekend?), tire warmers ($300+), generators ($400), etc, etc, etc.

Get into racing in THE best class, where competition isn't determined by who's daddy has more money! Ask anybody who has raced, they will almost always recommend a SV as the classes are more competitive! Also, you learn how to hold your speed in the corner, not how to rely on whacking the throttle on the straight-aways!..sure, the kid that spent $10K on a R1 maybe be faster than you initially, but spend some time learning to keep your corner speed and you will learn to be a better racer in the long-run...

I just moved to Madison WI from Durango CO, so the carbs need to be tuned down to lower elevation....but w/ the DynoJet kit won't be too difficult.

--Sliders (forget brand)
--Vortex Clipons
--ProTek Rearsets (some extra parts)
--Factory Pro Jet Kit
--BMC Race Air Filter
--Lindemann forks...done at end of 2004, really, maybe 6 weekends on them since, so I wouldn't think you'd need to pay more money now to freshen them up, springs (.9??) are set for the 160-190lb range
--Penske external/clicker/adjustable rear (basically new in '05, I'd say 10 weekends on it including previous owner
--EBC HH Pads plenty of life left, or can swap out for fun
--FULL Yosh Exhaust
--Brand New Hyper Pro damper (ok, one weekend on it)
--Engine--5,800 miles, plus 2-3 seasons. Tuned at 68hp in DENVER! (ie, loss of hp to elevation...will be higher hp down here in the midwest)
--Spears engine cover
--520 Chain conversion done (extra rear sprocket)
--GSX-R (actually can't remember if GSX-R or F2 etc) real wheel swap, so you can run the modern size slicks
--SS brake lines (you don't need a super grabby rear brake..)

Email me for more pics at “nathandcmail-com”at”yahoo.com”.

The bike is “NAKED”…ie, no front fairings, just a belly pan. This is legal in all the circuits I’ve seen, it has a belly pan for leaks so you don't screw up the track (no oil leaks now! also...I have an extra fiber glass belly pan as well!). Really, unless you are on the big boy pro tracks, you honestly won’t notice the difference on top speed w/o the fairings…but I guarantee you will notice the difference in your wallet the first time you wreck on a bike with fairings! You’ll wish you would’ve gone naked! Remember…tracks eat pretty bikes….

So…if you are looking for a Mad Max bad a** bike, and you aren’t a pretty boy looking for a shiny new bike to wreck on your first or 2nd weekend out lol, and want to buy a bike with all the equipment required for racing, all safety wired and ready to run so you can focus on technique, instead of blowing super-tuned engines, this is the bike! (read up on SV engines, you don't want to super tune them...just more $$ when they blow)

SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY PLEASE
$1695.00 Pretty firm on price since I know it’s a steal of a deal, I just need some cash asap....

I also have tire warmers $185 (new $350—Bickle Racing Tire Warmers www.bickleracing.com/, these have LED’s to show on/off, great shape), and also a “quiet” Coleman 1850w Generator ($250—bought new $450, used barely)—enough watts to power the warmers easy, and your coffee maker and cell phone. This is the ‘quietest’ (db’s) generator on the market besides the Honda’s.

Get the entire package for $2,000! All you need then is safety gear and a trailer!! PM or EM me.

Last edited by Nbot; 02-04-07 at 02:25 AM.
Old 31-03-07, 05:51 AM   #2
Nbot

Default Re: 2000 SV650 RACE bike!

Here are some pics!! You know you want the deep throaty V-twin roar...with the Mad Max looks...other riders just get out of the way in the corners b/c they don't want their pretty boy bikes to get scratched

Old 31-03-07, 05:52 AM   #3
Nbot

Here's a few more pics
1. From the rear quarter to see how I did the naked front, all that is left is the choke on the handlebar and the Tach in front of your nose for when you tuck down
2. Two pics of me hauling in an open class...

Heck, I bought the bike 2 years ago for $2700, paid $400 ($500?) for the Penske, $450 for the generator, $350 for tire warmers, all this can can be yours for $2K firm. The bike doesn't leak oil, radiator doesn't leak, forks & shock & damper don't leak, the forks are straight, frame is straight (it hasn't been tested w/ GMD or whatnot, but I've been on bikes w/ bent parts, ie, dirtbikes, and there isn't anything that would lead you to think its not straight in how it handles)...there's really nothing wrong with the bike (well, if its cold out, every now & then, the tach doesn't work for some reason, but you know darn well when the rev limiter kicks in, you usually aren't looking at the tach anyways.. :confused2:.) The rear fairing has some cracks in it, and some paint is chipping off the tank, and it doesn't have front fairings....but, one cold tire/first lap or pushing it too hard on a corner later, and you'll feel pretty silly for having paid a thousand or two more for a pretty bike, then having to pay more to make it pretty again lol....

Really...its a good solid bike that I would feel safe racing on next weekend with an oil change and lube on the chain. I would have to say I got the hole-shot on several starts even against liter bikes in the beginner open races, or other twin racers, plenty of torque left...

Wheels are setup for 160r/120f, so you can run modern slicks.

Old 01-04-07, 03:38 PM   #4
Wink

Is the bike in Madison? Or is the bike in Colorado?
Old 01-04-07, 05:52 PM   #5
Nbot

Wink...sorry for the confusion...it 'was' in CO, now is in Madison, needs to be jetted down to lower elevation...really, runs Strong now, but I think its too lean when you come down 5'000 feet, and would eventually damage the engine running at too hot of temperatures so lean, so need to richen it up some...
Old 01-04-07, 07:18 PM   #6
Stig

You are aware that this is a UK based forum? Think you would have far better results advertising it on svrider.com which is on your side of the pond.
Old 02-04-07, 12:03 AM   #7
g2g

Have cash will buy asap sent you a PM
Old 02-04-07, 02:24 AM   #8
Nbot

Bike is SOLD....sorry g2g!