SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-08-17, 10:06 PM   #1
transporter

Default Indicator/tail tidy problems

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while but failed to post before now. I'm normally pretty good at fixing stuff but I'm currently pulling out what little hair I have left!
I have a curvy sv650s that I rebuilt last winter and it hasn't put a foot wrong in the 4500 miles ever since ... until I decided to fit a tail tidy. My problem is that when I switch the indicators on either side, all four bulbs flash. It turns out that they're feeding back to each other through the (metal) tail tidy. Has anyone else experienced this? When I pull the indies away from the mount they work as they should.
Obviously I could try to insulate the mounts, but I wondered if fitting LED indies might cure the issue as they'll only illuminate when the polarity is correct?
Tia for any replies, this is doing my nut in.
Old 22-08-17, 11:22 PM   #2
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Indicator/tail tidy problems

Check the ground's