SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-08-17, 03:06 PM   #21
Mcnius

Default Re: fell down, went crash, now stuffed

OK, First of all i would like to THANK everyone that replied and helped with suggestions, but unfortunately i have to tell you something, Today finally i pulled my finger out of my **** and jumped on Suzi and took her out for a small ride around the block, and guess what, cant find/feel anything wrong (fingers crossed) so i would really like to apologize You all for wasting your time, but it was a good learning curve for me. I feel like a total numpty, now hoping for a bigger ride later in the week and hoping for the best.
So , once again sorry for being such panicky poo and thank you for all your Help
Mcnius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 04:54 PM   #22
Bibio
Mega Poster

great stuff

bike was stuck in a false neutral.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 05:25 PM   #23
Mcnius

Your guess is better than mine i think, ask me about 50cc two stroke piaggio engines and auto gearboxes i might help you there , but big boys bikes no knowledge what so ever, just noticed that i need to tension my chain up a bit
Old 21-08-17, 06:55 PM   #24
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Glad it's sorted, as Bibs says these things happen, whatever it was has popped back into place. The circlip thing I said about on page 1 - ruined a track day, I thought my gearbox was lunched, had to jack it in after 2 sessions and went home wondering what to do with my bike. Needless to say I was pretty happy when I figured it out, but the bit in between was not at all fun.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 08:00 PM   #25
Mcnius

Thing is i am very old person trapped in a 32 year olds body, don't like change and if i don't like a sound and feel of something in my car, bike or missus i think i need to fix it or replace it with new stuff, only now slowly im starting to understand that things can be fixed, and sometimes really easily.
Old 21-08-17, 08:08 PM   #26
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

TBH you sound more like a youngster, people these days just chuck stuff out or get someone to do jobs for them. I'm a habitual fiddler, always have been. Old stuff is fine if you care for it, you get the odd surprise, and you have to be a bit selective about what you buy/keep. i have a 70 year old camera that works fine and takes great pictures, for example. Old stuff is "vintage" when it's working and "F***** PIECE OF OLD CRAP" when it's not! The SV is a basically reliable axe though.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote