SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 27-01-08, 06:16 PM   #1
jonny bee

Default How good is your helmet? Will it actually protect your brain in your next crash?

How good is your helmet? Will it actually protect your brain in your next crash?

Does a higher price mean a safer lid?

Read this article done by American motorcyling magazine 'MOTORCYCLIST' for some suprising and very interesting conclusions.

Jonny Bee.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...helmet_review/

Please feel free to forward this article to any and all.. Thanks!!

Last edited by jonny bee; 27-01-08 at 06:18 PM.
Old 27-01-08, 06:24 PM   #2
Manguish

Default Re: How good is your helmet? Will it actually protect your brain in your next crash?

Mine is the same as Motogp riders - good enough for them - more than good enough for me.

The Arai RX7 Corsair has the highest speed walkaway crash.

I know my bonce is safe
Old 27-01-08, 07:02 PM   #3
simesb

Default Re: How good is your helmet? Will it actually protect your brain in your next crash?

That article gets dragged up every so often on forums.....

It's a balancing act; practicality against safety. Nobody wants to ride with a 3 foot thick foam cushion on their head, but would work well in an accident.

One of the things to consider for higher price helmets is that they spend more on marketing. Sponsoring Rossi for a season would push the cost of KBC helmets up a bit...
Old 28-01-08, 01:28 PM   #4
G
Mega Poster

I bought mine because it fitted well and was comfortable regardless of cost or name.

Cheap helmets are generally pretty heavy though which is a negative thing in my book.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-08, 08:57 PM   #5
metalmonkey

I now have an Aria RX7, which is ace I love it, its light, fits very well and is ventled as well which is good.

I tried my spare lid today a Shark S500, man that lids sucks so bad, after wearing the Aria couldn't go back to a cheap one like that. Its going on ebay I hate it that much, I will look to get another aria as a spare/track lid.I'll see whats on offer at the bike show being XS there might be bargins to be had!

Anyone want a shark lid
Old 29-01-08, 10:38 PM   #6
scottjames

ive got a shark s800 and i rele get on with it, it fits me rele well, good ventulation ands its reasonably light. Some of the designs are quite good too. im happy that its going to do me good if the worst happens.

scott.
Old 22-02-08, 11:12 PM   #7
Spike1105

im fully comfident int he protection of my arai Astro R and love the design (Reynolds rep) i got it for a good price aswell ?250 down from ?400
Old 28-02-08, 08:23 PM   #8
kd sweety

my shoei XR1000 is realy comfy and light and safe (i hope )
Old 28-02-08, 08:41 PM   #9
Tim in Belgium

Mines purple, never gets tested, whiffs a bit as I only clean it once a year, but as it's rarely ridden with I don't care. As for if it's safe, would you be prepared to test it??
Old 28-02-08, 08:44 PM   #10
kd sweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Mines purple, never gets tested, whiffs a bit as I only clean it once a year, but as it's rarely ridden with I don't care. As for if it's safe, would you be prepared to test it??
Tbh? I think I'll trust Shoei on this one... They have a good rep and can't be worse than my old GMAC poo lid for £80 lol