SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-11-07, 11:18 AM   #1
Bassman

Default Slipping Clutch Problem

Hi guys and girls,

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with a slipping clutch at 6000 Miles? I brought the bike new this year and I was riding back from work a few weeks ago I noticed when overtaking, at around 4500 revs, the revs would speed up in the rest of the gears.

Has anyone else had this problem and should it be covered under warranty?

I've done 15000miles on a Yamaha and an excess of 5000miles on a Honda and Kawasaki so I'm positive its not my riding waring the clutch.

Thanks.
Old 02-11-07, 02:27 PM   #2
Bassman

Default Re: Slipping Clutch Problem

The reason I'm asking is that I've been trying to get this fixed under warranty but Suzuki say they will not cover it because it is part of "general ware and tare". I'm sorry but 6000 miles is not general ware and tare, so I was wondering if anyone else have had this problem or a problem to do with the clutch that they have managed to get fixed under warranty. I'm also very tempted to write to Chris Dabbs at MCN.

Thanks

Last edited by Bassman; 02-11-07 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-11-07, 03:30 PM   #3
ScottishRawker

Mine did the same thing around 7500 but i wasnt sure why, mine is a k5

i didn't get mine done under warenty, i just got a pattern one as a replacement and got my mate to fit it.
ScottishRawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 04:54 PM   #4
gomez

I had a similar problem at about 6000 miles also. It was caused by chain crud collecting on the clutch actuator /push rod mechanism just in front of the gearbox sprocket and preventing the return of the actuator arm when I let go of the clutch lever. I was getting too much free play at the lever intermittently which I would adjust then every thing was out. Try removing the plastic cover where the clutch cable goes on to the engine and check it you might be lucky and that is all it will be. Re the warranty "wear and tear" more and more this seems to be the case with all the manufactuers they want the dealer servicing to keep the warranty which does not seem to worth the paper it is written on.
Old 03-11-07, 07:37 PM   #5
loneranger

have got sv650 k3 and done 14k miles my clutch is slipping ,has been adjusted but still happpens ,had a mechanic look at it and said doesnt look rite like somethings missing as i did attempt to remove front sprock and took the adjuster arm off and put back on since then ive had these probs everything ok before.please help
Old 03-11-07, 09:13 PM   #6
Bassman

Thanks for the info much appreciated