SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 12-06-13, 10:07 PM   #11
Runako

Default Re: New Video - Crossgates to Newtown Run on an SV650 (Epic Road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
where is the corners. that's almost like our motorways its that straight.
Is this more like it then Bibio?

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
Old 13-06-13, 05:51 PM   #12
Fordward

Your chasing speed a bit too much, throttle use is hesitant and jerky in some corners and a lot if the corners you didn't really need to slow down at all, but it seems as though you got a bit nervous about them? Slow it down so that your totally within your comfort zone and chase smoothness, then the speed will come on its own. Once you can sweep through it all in one big fluid joined up motion, it won't feel as quick, but if you time it, you'll find you're actually quicker, and you'll enjoy it more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Fordward; 13-06-13 at 05:59 PM.
Old 13-06-13, 06:29 PM   #13
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
Is this more like it then Bibio?

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
Much better

Watch the narrow, high hedgerow, roads though, I've had a few cagers cut corners coming the other way.

I agree with fordward about some of the throttle use if my opinions worth anything, but overall looked like a blast
Old 13-06-13, 07:09 PM   #14
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Much better

Watch the narrow, high hedgerow, roads though, I've had a few cagers cut corners coming the other way.

I agree with fordward about some of the throttle use if my opinions worth anything, but overall looked like a blast
Haha, I do love critics. I'm afraid to say this is not me. However, looks are deceiving. This gentleman who you say is a bit "jerky" on the throttle is faster up and down these mountains on his ER6 than most on sportsbike. This is a fact, I was there.

I think the camera mount betrays too much jerkiness rather than the rider himself. I can guarantee this guy hardly moves his body, yet the bike goes around corners like rails.

This was a mildly spirited run down the Black Mountains towards the Owls Nest Cafe.
Old 13-06-13, 07:27 PM   #15
Specialone

Oh by the way, I'm the worst ham fisted baboon ever to throw his leg over a motorcycle, I'm slower than most but only seem to get 50% of the tyre life of everyone else

So take my criticism very lightly
Old 13-06-13, 07:36 PM   #16
Runako

Oh, criticism is good sometimes. But in this case there's a lot going on that isn't obvious. The sheep are Kamikaze & nearly took us out last week. They'll just pop up from anywhere and run out. So you always have one eye in the distance looking out for their movements (which you can't really see on camera). There is a lot of sheer wind due to the barren, open mountainside and the turns are sometimes tighter than the look. Never mind the other cars and bikes! Its just one of those where you had to be there.

Really, I posted this video for Bibio to get a better idea of the twisty roads we tend to ride down here. Some of you orgers should get yourself down before the Summer's up. We'll make sure those tyres of yours get well used
Old 13-06-13, 07:41 PM   #17
Specialone

I was there last week mate on my explorer, around mid Wales, élan valley etc, took it on some fire roads too, up the devils staircase etc, I discovered traction control doesn't stop your back end stepping out on you on patches of thick gravel

I'm round Wales a few times a year at least, on my drz too, doing green lanes and trails, I can't get enough of the place, it's got everything
Old 13-06-13, 07:47 PM   #18
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
I was there last week mate on my explorer, around mid Wales, élan valley etc, took it on some fire roads too, up the devils staircase etc, I discovered traction control doesn't stop your back end stepping out on you on patches of thick gravel

I'm round Wales a few times a year at least, on my drz too, doing green lanes and trails, I can't get enough of the place, it's got everything
Ooh Green Laning. That's a bit hardcore. This will be my next adventure in biking as I've never done it

Wales. When the weather's good, there's just nowhere like it. Magnificent!
Old 13-06-13, 07:52 PM   #19
Fordward

Fast he may be, smooth he most definitely is not (1:47 for example), and if he was he could be faster. The type of bike has nothing to do with it on that road BTW. Throttle use is determined by engine noise, not a jerky picture. Some folk just can't take a bit of constructive advise.

Last edited by Fordward; 13-06-13 at 08:00 PM.
Old 14-06-13, 06:00 AM   #20
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordward View Post
Fast he may be, smooth he most definitely is not (1:47 for example), and if he was he could be faster. The type of bike has nothing to do with it on that road BTW. Throttle use is determined by engine noise, not a jerky picture. Some folk just can't take a bit of constructive advise.
Haha, Well Mr Forward, all I can say to that expert analysis is come and ride with us and see for yourself. Genuine invitation.

Other than that, I don't think anyone can accurately critique something like this without actually being there. Whilst your text book riding techniques are well known (this person for one has taken advanced tuition) there are always other factors to consider, as mentioned above.