SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-08-15, 07:04 AM   #11
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: Stuttering SV3N

Are all the clips securing airbox to throttle bodies and throttle bodies snug and tight? Another possibility is the little rubber caps that cover the vacuum nipples for carb balancing, they can crack and cause air leaks ...
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-15, 03:32 PM   #12
MitchC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Are all the clips securing airbox to throttle bodies and throttle bodies snug and tight? Another possibility is the little rubber caps that cover the vacuum nipples for carb balancing, they can crack and cause air leaks ...
I don't suppose you have photos of the components above?

I am really testing my mechanical ability...

Keep your feet on the pegs and keep your right hand cranked.
Did your right hand write a cheque that your rear tire couldn't cash?

www.MITCHCAVE.com | I Do It With Twins
MitchC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-15, 03:57 PM   #13
Craig380
Mega Poster

Clips holding airbox to throttle bodies, and throttle bodies to cylinder are the black things above and below the silver throttle bodies in the pic - you'll need a Japanese-type crosshead screwdriver for them: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/x_ay_8DAX-c/maxresdefault.jpg

Vac nipple caps - just peer through the side of the frame (a torch helps) and you'll see them: http://s16.photobucket.com/user/matt..._3393.jpg.html
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-15, 04:26 PM   #14
MitchC

Thank you so much for the clarification, Craig. I will take a look this evening when I get home from work.

I've also been reading a lot about Seafoam Motor Treatment as a potentially simple solution to try. I might be doing that this evening, as well.

Old 14-08-15, 09:14 AM   #15
Toooldtodie

Just a thought.
Could water have got into the fuel? The filler cap has a drain tube which can get pinched when raising and lowering the tank. Do the symptoms get less severe after refuelling? Check around the inside of filler cap for signs of rust, especially under the rubber filler cap "seal".
Old 19-08-15, 09:50 PM   #16
MitchC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toooldtodie View Post
Just a thought.
Could water have got into the fuel? The filler cap has a drain tube which can get pinched when raising and lowering the tank. Do the symptoms get less severe after refuelling? Check around the inside of filler cap for signs of rust, especially under the rubber filler cap "seal".
I don't believe so... I was wondering when this issue first started up again this season if the gas in my tank went bad. Realistically it was only a few weeks old at that time.

I have also had numerous tanks of gas go through the bike. In fact, I just got back this weekend from a 500 km ride. The bike was fine the entire ride because it was ridden daily.

I haven't rode since this past Sunday, so I bet if I were to take it out this weekend, the issue will have "returned". I will post an update after my next ride.

Old 19-08-15, 10:33 PM   #17
Bibio
Mega Poster

i had similar issues recently and it turned out to be a furred up reg/rec connector. test the charging voltage is 14+vdc. at first i thought i had water in the tank.

dont bother with seafoam its a rip off. iic Canada uses a high alcohol content in its petrol and if so then you wont get water in the tank as the alcohol will emulsify it into the fuel just like 'dry fuel' treatments.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote